Job Category: Construction
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Health and Safety Administrator
We are now looking for a Health & Safety Administrator, to be based in Gabon on a fixed-term contract. The Safety Administrator’s main role is to provide support to the Project Health and Safety Management Team.
The applicant must be adaptable, self-motivated, can work both independently as well as in a team environment, and be able to build and maintain strong relationships with both colleagues and external clients through excellent verbal and written communication.
- Act as super user of the Hatch Health and Safety Management System (iPas SM).
- Maintain databases and spreadsheets of safety statistics, audits and inspections.
- Manage register of incident reporting and investigations, including action follow up and close-out.
- Ensure initial notifications are correctly distributed.
- Issue incident reports and maintain register of distribution.
- Collate site hours of construction workforce and report/publish weekly and month statistics internally and externally.
- Assist with preparation and presentation of training material.
- Prepare handout material and present site inductions.
- Take minutes and records of morning huddle and monthly safety management meeting.
- Manage and maintain safety information and training systems.
- Other general office duties as and when requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic Health and Safety qualification or course is required
- 2-3 Years of experience in HS Administration
Highly skilled – computer literacy. High competency levels required not just basic working knowledge. The person will need to demonstrate skill, as an example, design a Pivot Sheet in Excel, and/or create a Power Point presentation.
- MS Outlook
- Power Poin
- Fluent in speaking and writing English, French capability will be an advantage.
Hatch is all about challenge. We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge our employees to take on responsibilities and take initiative regardless of position title or job description.
Hatch believes in work-life balance and creating a harmonious work environment that allows people to effectively contribute – working productively and flexibly. Working for Hatch you will be provided with many benefits including: competitive remuneration and various employee reward and recognition and health and wellbeing programs (e.g. EAP).
To submit your application please click the “Apply” button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.