Location: Kao Mine
Salary: Negotiable on experience
SITE WORX (PTY) LTD invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Health and Safety Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To establish Health and safety management system, inclusive of food safety, and ensure compliance to legislative requirements and best codes of practices in the hospitality industry.
- To undertake food safety inspections / health & safety inspections / to initiate remedial action.
- To ensure the timely and thorough investigation of all complaints allocated.
- To investigate incidents / accidents / infectious disease outbreaks to identify root causes and determine appropriate preventative and corrective actions.
- Maintaining of a site risk register advice on the best methods to manage health and safety risks.
- Monitor refrigeration and food storage, preparation and serving practices and provide technical direction on all health and safety decisions.
- Ensuring all staff receive the proper training on the correct food safety practices.
- Ensuring that fire prevention and emergency procedures are formulated and implemented.
- Ensuring all internal practices and processes are aligned with client requirements and best practices.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Be responsible for maintaining the highest level of Food Hygiene and Safety standards.
- Work mostly in the production areas, monitoring that food safety procedures are being followed.
- Ensure proper documentation and records are completed by the responsible parties.
- Problem solving as relates to food and safety issues.
- Ensure compliance to the ISO 22000:2005 and ISO 45001:2018 standards in all areas of food production and all areas involved in the Food chain.
- Assist with enforcing food safety program and procedures, company policy and personal hygiene policies.
- Raise awareness on health and safety matters.
- Responsible for quality and safety checks for all raw and prepared food products.
- Verify and communicate to appropriate departments any findings as it relates to food safety and/or quality issues.
- Report and assist with correcting any unsanitary conditions in food preparation and food storage/ receiving area.
- Report any required maintenance /replacement of food preparation equipment, surfaces and tools.
- Assist to maintain, and update all records, manuals, training procedures, product specification books.
- Assist with preparation for all food safety audits.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all food premises.
- Implement HACCP program for the site.
- Conduct supplier’s audits, respectively fill the supplier audit reports, and evaluate suppliers.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
- Ensure that emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Plan and conduct HSE audits, participate in external audits and make recommendations to management in terms of HSE legal and other requirements.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to always comply with the requirement of the Health and Safety regulations.
- Ensure that fire prevention and emergency procedures are formulated.
- Comply with food service policies.
- To always ensure confidentiality, only releasing confidential information obtained during employment to those acting in an official capacity.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Sound Knowledge of the food industry standards HACCP, ISO 22000:2005, ISO 45001:2018.
• Analytical skills.
• Flexibility and agility.
• Able to work in a highly pressurized environment. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIANCE
• Tertiary qualification in Environmental Health, Food Science, Food Quality and Safety.
• Related qualification advantageous.
• Proficiency in Microsoft and Computer programs.
• 3 Years minimum experience.
• Demonstrate experience of inspection of all risk category food premises and evaluation of HACCP systems.
How to apply: Applications with curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates & transcripts, names and telephones of three(3) contactable referees should be sent to the following email address: siteworx@ stormmountaindiamonds.com, on or before the 29th May 2023. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.