The main responsibility of the Head: Youth Services (HYS) is to manage the Paballong Youth Centre (YC) and ensure its growth as a relevant service provider to the youth of Mokoallong and its surroundings.
- Prepare annual plan for youth activities.
- Regularly communicate with youth and youth organizations to determine their needs and interests.
- Research funding sources and requirements for proposed youth projects.
- Ensure a variety of sport, recreation, cultural and other programmes are planned and implemented for the youth of Ha Senekane.
- Ensure youth programmes receive the support and resources necessary to succeed, and evaluate the effectiveness of programmes.
- Identify areas where new programmes are needed.
- Schedule activities, facilities and volunteers as required, with the approval of the Manager.
- Supervise and lead activities for youth.
- Recruit, train and supervise Youth Leaders and other volunteers.
- Prepare a budget and control various budget allocations for your department.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to administer youth programmes;
- A good understanding of youth dynamics, and an ability to relate to youth from various social and educational backgrounds;
- Coaching and mentoring skills;
- Proposal writing skills;
- Computer proficiency ( particularly in Microsoft Office Suite);
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Decision making skills;
- Effective communication skills,
- Report-writing skills;
- Valid driver’s license.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Any tertiary level qualification in Youth Development plus a minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in youth programmes management.
Interested and suitable candidates are invited, to forward their applications and CVs to the Chairperson of the Board, Paballong Centre, Sehlabeng Ha Senekane through the office of Acting Manager Paballong or drop them at the reception at Lancers Inn in Maseru or email them to [email protected]
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th September 2018.
Disclaimer: Only short-listed candidates will be short-listed.