Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 – 20%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T5PM
Hiring Manager: Cathy Smith
Recruiter Name: Helen Casson
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As part of the regional Africa leadership team, the Head of SCP is responsible for managing this global program in the context of a culturally diverse, multi discipline environment across various industry sectors.
The program which focuses on SAP’s top global accounts aligns and governs the joint Customer and SAP strategy, Customer satisfaction, revenue expectations and long term executive relationships within the top 0.01% of SAP’s biggest and most invested customers.
As part of the joint strategy this program oversees the introduction and adoption of key SAP innovations by the customer. The adoption of these innovations is key to helping the customer transform the way that they do business and allowing the customer to differentiate themselves from their competitors whilst ensuring sustainable and continuous long-term revenue for SAP.
The goals are:
- Elevate the position of SAP from technology partner to trusted advisor and business partner
- Ensure continuous revenue from each SCP account across:
- Sftware Revenue
- Custm Developments
- Sftware Maintenance
- Service Revenues
- Premium Engagements
- Deliver between 20 – 30% of the annual market unit revenue from the SCP account selection
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
SAP’s Strategic Customers are our most pivotal market segment and the cornerstone for our sales and engagement strategy. The SCP organisation is empowered to help SAP achieve our most strategic goals and objectives.
It is therefore vital that the incumbent fully understand the purpose of the Strategic Customer Program and the impact that the right approach to these customers can have on our business.
SAP internal research has shown that 61% of customers have a desire to establish a more strategic relationship with SAP, this program defines the joint responsibilities required and puts guidelines in place for customer engagement. The Program aims to give SAP’s most valued customers the royal treatment by doing the following:
- Offering a named Global Account Director (GAD) or Managing Partner (MP) and dedicated Value-Added Team
- SAP aims to become a trusted partner and advisor to the customer to deliver true business benefits & innovation momentum
- We ensure that our customers receive the highest level of attention possible across SAP to extract superior value from their SAP and other technology investments
- SCP looks at ways to co-innovate to solve the customer’s business problems
- Manage succinct programs that ensure customer satisfaction and ensure that each SCP account is referenceable
- Drive the annual account planning processes and demand generation activities
- We help our customers create and enter new markets and drive incremental revenue to their business.
Implement the SCP strategic engagement methodology across all areas of engagement, by bringing together the best of SAP technologies, innovation, solutions, services and resources as one SAP by prioritising any questions or requests received from the customer to deliver:
- Differentiated, sustained and high value t our designated strategic customers
- Generate a disprportionately high share of revenues from these focus accounts
- Build lng-term and mutually rewarding relationships
- Prepare, align and deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts at the local market unit, regional EMEA and related industry verticals
- Prepare and delivery quarterly business reviews at the local and EMEA levels
- Where appropriate become the local Executive Sponsor in select customer accounts
- Manage and deal decisively with customer escalations and concerns
- Be involved in the interview processes for potential SCP and other sales resources
- Understand and have the ability to navigate through a complex global organisation
International and regional travel is an absolute requirement.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Better than average understanding of business processes across several industries such as Financial Services, Utilities, Mining, Oil & Gas and Professional Services
- Better than average understanding of industry dynamics and trends
- Better than average understanding of local and regional market dynamics and trends
- Experience of managing across discipline and cross line of business sales processes
- Better than average understanding of Information Technologies, Architectures and how these enable innovation, business differentiation and competitive advantage for customers and users
- The ability to work with the top 5 Strategic Integrator partners
- Establish and develop trust at the C-level in the SCP accounts
- Operate in a compliant and ethical manner
- Complex problem-solving capabilities
- The ability to think strategically and see the big picture
- Above average inter personnel skills
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- ICT or Business Management degree
- Sales Methodology training
- Minimum of 10 years sales management experience
- Understand detailed financial models
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team of culturally diverse sales professionals
- Be comfortable with public speaking and delivering sales presentations in front of large audiences
- Proven sales track record of year on year quota attainment
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.