Profit and Loss:
- Assume responsibility for BU (Business Unit) revenue and profit targets.
- Responsible for compilation and delivery of all budget, forecast and monthly reporting requirements, including the explanation of all variances and the development of contingency plans to cover risk areas.
- Attend to all reporting, reconciliation and billings processes.
Strategy and Business Development
- Responsible for BU strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Work with Business Development to develop new research solutions and ensure competitive market leading edge in the delivery of research materials.
- Research and stay abreast of international / local competitive trends and product developments.
- Responsible for the development of BU pricing strategies in line with company business strategy.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop marketing campaigns to increase awareness of the product/services in the SA market and consider the opportunity in other African markets (cross-border).
- Achieve maximum efficiency and profit objective through the efforts of a strong management focus
- Develop personnel and foster an achievement-orientated culture based on continuous learning principles where employees are motivated and rewarded for both individual and team contributions
- Recruit top class sales and support staff as and when required.
- Fully incorporates our values into every aspect of work
- Results focus / sales drive
- Works well in teams
- Integrative thinking – makes decisions based on thorough review of all data
- Exchanges ideas clearly and concisely
- Political savvy
- Good judgment
- Project Management
- Continuous learning and developing
- Detail orientated
- Coaching and people management
- Matrix management
- Market relationships
- Market insights
- Good analytical thinking and skills
- Sales Planning and execution thereof
- Good people skills
- Financial skills
- 8+ years of relevant experience and expertise within industry / market at a senior management level
- University degree or relevant training
- Financial acumen – understand P&L
- Numerical ability
- Computer literate
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Functional & working knowledge of sales and negotiation processes
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
External Interactions :
- Key personnel within the area of the customer’s business where the relevant solutions are used
- Appropriate customer department heads
- Relevant agencies, distributors, partners or sub-contractors
Internal Interactions :
- LNSA executives
- Sales managers and sales team
- Administration and support staff
- New Business Development teams
- Marketing Brand and Research units
- Customer support units
- Product development specialists
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.