Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you want a rewarding role trying to bring about positive change? Would you like a role where you work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds?
Oxfam works globally with people committed to working together to overcome poverty and suffering. We are looking for an experienced Head of Safeguarding to:
- Lead a team of safeguarding advisors;
- Oversee the investigation of allegations of breaches of the Code of Conduct in accordance with standard operating procedures;
- Lead training and prevention activities.
You will lead a team of professional investigators handling complaints relating to sexual misconduct. Key to the work of our team is preventing misconduct and abuse of power, so you will work closely with all levels of management across a large confederation.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone to bring to this role:
- Experience of managing the performance of others and helping people to develop, grow and achieve their potential, including increasing diversity and inclusion in teams and / or workplaces, and creating positive change in work culture, processes and practices
- Experience of complex misconduct investigations internationally
- Experience of reporting to regulators and donors
- Experience of public reporting and understanding of current best practice with regards to transparency and accountability.
- Experience with managing risk and ensuring appropriate oversight at leadership and board level
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships and collaborate to achieve workable solutions to complex problems
- Fluency in written and spoken English; ideally good knowledge of another language such as French or Arabic
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference, by using your specialist skills and experience to improve Oxfam’s practices around the world. You will contribute to one of Oxfam’s key strategic goals to become a safe, feminist and anti-racist organization.
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.