Hopin is seeking a dynamic Head of QA to lead and execute Hopin’s QA strategy. With 100% team growth already this year, the engineering organization is evolving and scaling to keep pace with the explosive product opportunity. Your leadership will help in rapidly scaling and maturing our remote-first workforce.
- Defining, influencing and delivering all aspects of the software quality strategy at Hopin.
- Hiring, growing and retaining top talent. In particular, mentoring and coaching a geographically distributed group of test engineers, while taking ownership of interviewing and hiring to grow the QA team.
- Partnering with senior leaders and other stakeholders to build test strategies and plans that result in world class software quality
- Building test infrastructure and automation to improve software quality.
- Managing the activities and performance of test engineers within an agile, matrix environment. (Being both highly technical and an effective people manager)
- Identifying strategic and productivity initiatives to improve software quality & development velocity.
- Making and meeting commitments to quality and on-pace delivery of new product features.
- Providing clear communication to your team, and the business about the progress and vision.
- At least 8 years experience in QA/test engineering, with at least 3 of them managing a team in a high paced startup environment.
- Experience of automated testing and QA in an agile continuous integration and deployment environment
- Experience of functional/non-functional testing, test infrastructure and test frameworks
- Strong problem solving skills and background in coding
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
More about you:
- You get the very best out of your team.
- You’ve got experience setting goals and measuring your team’s progress towards them (and beyond).
- You lead by example, often going the extra mile yourself.
- You keep the tempo as high as the level of fun.
- You have an ability to positively influence other parts of the business.
- You don’t avoid those difficult conversations.
This is a remote job, but you must be able to cover 5+ hours of GMT time zone work hours per day from wherever you are.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up