Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
Internet Solutions (IS) is a Pan-African telecoms service provider to public and private sector organisations that have, or want to establish a presence on the African continent. We have been providing innovative end-to-end telco solutions and related services for more than 20 years.
Today, IS is at the forefront of Internet Protocol-based technologies and we build solutions and services tailored to the increasingly complex demands of organisations across the enterprise, public sector, global carrier and growing small-to-medium business sectors. We serve multiple sectors through a number of brands, including IS, Ignite, VAST, ContinuitySA, MWEB, AlwaysOn, Synaq and Antfarm.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dimension Data Group and part of NTT, IS leverages its infrastructure and global footprint to support organisations with the rapid deployment of emerging technologies.
Want to be part of our team?
The Head of Procurement (HOP) is a senior level job which operates at a regional and national level, collaborating closely with a variety of internal stakeholders across the business.
The main responsibility of the HOP is to provide leadership in the planning and executing of the purchasing activities necessary to ensure the timely delivery of the specified materials and services at competitive pricing. They understand the overall business strategy and use this to co-ordinate purchasing activities that will meet the needs of the business.
What you’ll be doing
The individual is required to work with internal teams to understand their procurement requirements and develop the required procurement plans. They purchase materials and supplies within budget guidelines and negotiate advantageous prices, services and terms via various RFx processes. They ensure the most competitive commercial offerings from the market are obtained and negotiate new pricing for commodity materials on an annual basis. The HOP ensures compliance to the purchase order process and the accurateness of the information on the system.
The HOP will maintain sound working relationships with vendors to ensure responsive service and time timely resolution of all issues. They resolve invoice queries with suppliers and analyse quotations for goods and services received from 3rd parties. They partner with suppliers to place orders and maintain calendars of service, contract, maintenance, warranty, lease and license renewals. They maintain contracts for assets and notify technicians of the expiry dates. These employees identify impact through dependency mapping in the configuration management database and link software licences to software. They conduct vendor performance reviews on an annual basis and ensure the implementation of any correct actions identified. These individuals ensure that vendor price matrices are maintained and up to date.
Asset and Inventory Management
The HOP develops and maintains overall asset management system for identification, tracking and control of assets (both Opex and Capex) to support audit requirements. They evaluate available asset management systems and tools to improve asset traceability and maintain ownership history of capital equipment. They ensure compliance to the asset and inventory management and tracking processes.
The HOP assists with the creation of spend forecasts and then monitors these against the actual spend (both Opex and Capex). He/she reports on expenses and advises on the development of technology budgets as they relate to the procurement of goods and services.
The HOP acts as people manager for the Procurement Management employees within the team. He/she ensures the full utilisation of resources. To achieve this, the HOP coaches and develops individuals in the team and takes the lead in critical situations. He/she manages work activities and ensures successful completion of processes related to procurement and asset management.
The HOP displays strategic thinking ability and a good understanding of business requirements. He/she possesses the required interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills to develop and maintain sound working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at various levels of seniority. They have excellent communication skills and are proactive in their approach. They are able to deliver excellent customer service and display excellent negotiation skills.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive system of procurement intelligence which will enable the effective management of the supply environment
- Manage IS inventory to ensure stock levels are optimally maintained to service client requirements
- Analyse and monitor commodity market trends and key drivers within the procurement spend arena
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive system of supply intelligence and spend strategies, including maintenance and Capex
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate intelligence to identify and evaluate Value creating opportunities within the IS spend environment
- Project manage the implementation of value creating, cross-functional initiatives to maximise benefits within shortest timeframes
- Drive and provide input into the Group integrated risk and governance strategy
- Provide the key interface between the Supplier and IS and managing the end-to-end RFx process
- Ensure quality and reliability of services is maintained and the supply continuity at the most competitive cost
- Facilitate the resolution of recurring supplier non-conformance and ensuring implementation of sound contract lifecycle management
- To deliver the company’s strategic imperatives
- Source and manage property and facilities third party service providers
- Work with the procurement team to develop effective analytical tools and techniques.
- Drive the transformation of the procurement function within the business, across the disciplines
- Ensure the development of category management tools and models/analysis methods.
- Manage the IS BBBEE Preferential Procurement plan, Enterprise and Supplier development initiatives in line with the new Codes Of Good Practice (COGP) to align with Group targets
- Ensure maximum spend with qualifying suppliers to meet COGP targets for Preferential Procurement
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a relevant Degree, a post graduate qualification will be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years commercial experience in a similar Procurement role
- Seasoned Procurement professional – well respected within the Supply base
- Skilled communicator with high level of personal impact, which will enable the rapid establishment of constructive relationships
- Experienced in managing projects and operating at all levels within the organisation
- Experienced in working in a changing market driven environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong financial and commercial awareness
- Project management skills
- Understanding of national/global economies and various commodity markets
- Supplier and Contract management
- Risk Management
- Sound knowledge of the Principles of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing
- Negotiating Skills
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Looking to make a difference and shape the future? Join our growing team and accelerate your career with Internet Solutions. Apply today
Diversity in Internet Solutions
Internet Solutions is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary group