The Lesotho Post Bank, your only Basotho Bank invites suitably qualified Basotho Nationals to apply for the following vacant position:
Title: Head of Operations
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer, the position oversees and controls business processes management, backoffice and payments processing, procurements, logistics, fleet management and customer services management through Customer Service Centre. This position is at the center of the daily administration of the Bank.
Business Processes Management
• Defines and obtains approval on the business processes management (BPM) approach or framework that fully describes the process metrics and BPM life-cycle to be used at the Bank;
• Takes a detailed inventory of all business processes within the Bank to take them through the agreed BPM life-cycle;
• Performs ‘as-is’ analysis to measure process metrics and document the process through an agreed business process modeling and notation (BPMN) that clearly depicts the sequence of activities, information flow and players in the process;
• Elicits process requirements and determines technology or information systems touch points and uses cases for process automation, customer experience and optimal use of information systems;
• Identifies points for improvement and re-engineers the business process and documents the ‘to-be’ process and obtains approval for adoption;
• Liaises with the project management office to gather business needs and requirements for project business cases, feasibility reports and RFPs for project justification, initiation and tracking of the requirements realization;
• Periodically ensures that all processes are reviewed to ensure that they remain current and relevant and that all changes are workshopped and disseminated to all stakeholders;
• Submits a regular consolidated report that shows the overall performance of the Bank’s business processes and operations on different metrics including efficiency and effectiveness on cost containment, revenue generation, projects and strategy execution.
Backoffice and Payments Processing
• Ensures that bulk payments for payers and salary payments for several employers are processed on time and safely through the Bank’s payment systems;
• Ensures that staff produce bank cards for customers, inventory and distribute cards to all branches as per agreed turnaround time and arrange for destruction of unclaimed cards;
• Ensures compliance of all clearing houses rules, regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures on processing of payments;
• Ensures reconciliation of all payments, suspense accounts and GLs including clearing of cheques with other banks and repatriation of unclaimed funds to the Regulator;
• Ensures that GL journal entries or adjustments are processed as required from time to time with the consultation of the Finance and Sales departments;
• Ensures that records and documentation on payments and journals are kept meticulously for reference and retrieval;
• Manages relationships and interacts with different stakeholders in the payments industry in order to advise management on any developments requiring investment;
• Reports periodically on the performance of this area of responsibility as per agreed metrics.
Procurement and Logistics
• Develops the procurement policy and process and makes sure it is fully adopted through the Bank with all key stakeholders fully conversant of the contents thereof;
• Coordinates and oversees procurement of goods and services that the Bank requires from time to time through a transparent process that gives the Bank value for money;
• Facilitates the work of the Procurement Tender Committee for relevant procurements and acquisitions in order that recommendations for procurement are well motivated and documented;
• Oversees the management of all the fixed assets of the Bank and account for their valuation, whereabouts, depreciation and disposal in consultation with Finance;
• Ensures that records and files of KYC (Know Your Customer) documents are kept centrally and that they are easily retrievable for reference and auditing;
• Oversees management of the entire fleet of the Bank in a cost efficient manner such that vehicle usage is shared as much as possible and that vehicles are maintained, repaired and acquired as required;
• Ensures that the office space at different sites of the Bank is kept usable and conducive to the work environment.
Customer Service Management
• Oversees and sets performance targets for customer service at the Customer Service Centre to address any requests, queries or complaints from both external and internal customers;
• Monitors and ensures the CSC serves as a single point of contact for logging of incidents and requests and provides first line of support and functional support on all business software applications used with the Bank;
• Ensures that all departments are aware of their roles in the change management process for any new functionalities or features to be introduced in the production environment;
• Coordinates and facilitates testing of business software applications through agreed test plans and cases derived from the functional or business requirements documentation;
• Forges a relationship with the IT Section through Head of IT for technical support and second line of support; facilitates IT to deploy or release changes or fixes to the production environment; works with IT to engage and manage vendors through service level agreements to underpin resolution and fulfilment of incidents and requests;
• Provides resources and training to staff on product knowledge in order to provide assistance and get the voice of the customers on product and service innovation;
• Reports periodically on performance and metrics on efficiency and effectiveness of the Customer Service Centre and guarantees the scheduling of staff shifts and opening times.
• Prepares annual plans and budgets for the Operations Department in accordance with LPB Strategy;
• Monitors and evaluates the performance of divisional annual plans and budgets;
• Prepares EXCO and management progress reports to inform management on business activities within the department;
• Delegates responsibilities and implements EXCO and COO decisions within the Operations Section;
• Recommends and advises objectively on promotions, recruitments, transfers, and restructuring issues in the Operations Section;
• Leads and manages the Operations Section staff in line with HR rules and regulations and performance management system;
• Manages staff competencies with the overall objective of leveraging the strengths of staff members within the Section in order to realize highest productivity, and develops leadership skills in the team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or equivalents. A Postgraduate Degree will be an advantage.
• At least three (3) years’ experience at a managerial position in banking or corporate environment.
• Two (2) years’ experience in a role delivering on business processes management or operations management will be an added advantage.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Deadline and results driven: Strives to meet target dates with expected results on the assignments given.
• Decision making: Makes decisions timeously to aid implementation and execution of action items.
• Internal controls: Applies a thorough understanding of governance, risk and compliance in putting internal controls in place.
• Social Intelligence: Forges relationships with key stakeholders including staff through collaboration and cooperation.
• Critical thinking: Applies process analysis, business intelligence, problem solving techniques with attention to details.
• Informed: Seeks information pertaining to challenges and provide solutions from an informed position.
How to Apply
Applications (including names of three referees) accompanied by certified copies of relevant certificates should be emailed to [email protected]lpb.co.ls/[email protected] or hand delivered to:
The Human Resources Manager
Mafike House, 1st Floor
Private Bag A121
The closing date for submission of applications is 23rd August, 2019.
DISCLAIMER: ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED