To build long term brand equity and financial success by developing and driving the execution of the brand, CSI and business unit marketing and communication strategies in alignment with Standard Bank Group strategies; and Guiding internal and external reputation management. The role is also expected to provide in-country thought leadership on marketing and communication.
- Develops and oversees the execution of the brand and marketing strategy, including the integrated media and digital communication strategy.
- Provides the strategic direction and guides the development of the business unit marketing and communication strategies as well as strategies for specialist functions e.g. CSI, external communication, internal communication and events.
- Drives implementation of strategies and plans for business unit marketing and communication and specialist functions and assists in driving consistency and coordination between different business units.
- Ensures effective investment in long-term versus short-term initiatives.
- Implements and monitors the drivers of brand reputation in line with brand strategy and make recommendations for improvement.
- Represents Standard Lesotho Bank as a spokesperson for external media coverage and comment ensuring that the group is well represented.
- Keeps abreast of changes in legislation and the local environment; and marketing and communication trends and reviews strategies accordingly as required.
- Keeps executives informed of reputational issues and marketing and communication trends, advising them on possible action.
- Manages the operational budget with specific focus on professional fees, travel and entertainment and training.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
- Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Ensures skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Builds organisational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities.
- Brand health measures with specific emphasis on spontaneous brand and advertising awareness and reputation drivers (Africa Brand Tracker).
- Generic media, digital and direct effectiveness measures such as frequency per campaign, click-through rates, opening rate.
- Marketing communication performance (share of voice and media spend).
- Engage with business units and social partners to ensure the relevance and effectiveness of CSI programmes
- Take overall responsibility for CSI and ECI reputation risk management within Standard Lesotho Bank
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A post graduate qualification in Marketing & Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Commerce 3 years’ financial markets experience (advantageous)
- A thorough understanding of marketing principles and practices from strategic planning to implementation and measurement.
- A thorough knowledge of brand principles and theory, working knowledge of common research methodologies.
- Working knowledge of various media and the creative requirements, including digital media.
- Working knowledge of artwork/ advertising production processes.
- Working knowledge of Corporate Social Investment requirement and best practices
- 10 years’ experience in marketing and communications role. At least 2 years should be at an executive or general management level.
- Experience in financial services would be beneficial
- Experience in managing a team of professionals
- Experience in budget management
- Experience in working in a multi-national company with a global brand would be beneficial
- Experience in working in a multi-stakeholder environment.