The Government of Lesotho through the Lesotho Millennium Development Agency (LMDA) is looking for highly qualified professionals with specialised skills to support the Health Facilities Maintenance Programme and Compact II development. Interested and highly committed individuals are invited to apply for the following position on contract basis ending on the 30th April 2021. The contract may be extended based on performance and conduct:
HEAD INTERNAL AUDITOR
The core function of Head Internal Audit is to provide advice and assurance to the Board of Directors and Management on the efficiency and effectiveness of internal financial and management controls.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
KPI 1. Develop and implement Internal Audit strategy.
KPI 2. Review and assessment of risk within LMDA.
KPI 3. Develop and Implement the LMDA annual audit plan.
KPI 4. Review of internal and financial management control systems.
KPI 5. Coordination of the external audit process.
KPI 6. Carry out special assignments as needed.
KPI 7: Produce internal audit reports.
The incumbent supervises two (2) Internal Auditors
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Chartered Accountant or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent
- At least ten years work experience as an Internal Auditor, five of which must have been engaged at the level of Head of Internal Audit.
- At least five years’ experience in audit related to projects.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of standard computerised financial management systems; MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Code B driver’s license.
- Registration with a professional body recognised by the Lesotho Institute of Accountants or Lesotho Institute of Internal Auditors body is a requirement.
Interested candidates should hand-deliver their application letters together with CVs, copies of certificates and transcripts on or before 3rd July 2020 at 12.00 noon, to Lesotho Millennium Development Agency, 5th floor Post Office Building, Maseru. Applications should be signed for by submitters. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.