Reporting to the Board Audit Committee/ Regional Head Standard Bank Group Internal Audit, the incumbent must ensure that all risks inherent to the business units are identified. Evaluate the identified controls and make recommendations as to adequacy and effectiveness. Undertake audit assignments within the various units of the Bank’s operations to ensure adherence to policies, systems, guidelines and procedures that may be approved by the Bank and regulatory authorities and confirm these are working as intended.
- Develop a flexible audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, taking into consideration any risks or control concerns identified by the Stanbic Bank Lesotho Limited Board Audit Committee and management to submit that plan to as well as periodic updates to the plan, to the audit committee for review and approval;
- Implement the audit plan, as approved, including as appropriate, any special tasks or projects requested by management and the audit committee;
- Ensure that internal audit activities are performed by professional audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications to meet the requirements of this mandate;
- Evaluate and assess significant merging/consolidating functions and new or changing services, processes, operations, and control processes coincident with their development, implementation, and/or expansion;
- Issue regular reports to the audit committee and management summarising results of audit activities;
- Keep the audit committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing;
- Establish and maintain a quality assurance program to evaluate the operations of Internal Audit in terms of the IIA standards and this mandate and to provide a list of significant measurement goals and results to the audit committee;
- Investigate significant suspected fraudulent activities within the bank and notify management and the audit committee of the results; and
- Consider the scope of work of the external auditors and regulators, as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage to the bank and minimising duplication of effort at a reasonable overall cost.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- BCom Honours Degree
- ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Good understanding of accounting transaction posting rules and general acceptable financial reporting standards/principles
- Practical working knowledge of business processes and controls as well as business applications that support them
- 12 years’ experience in managing a small to medium sized team and delivery of an annual Audit plan for medium to large business areas.
- Experience in managing a team of professionals
- Experience in working in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Digital and functional skills including Data, Robotics and Cyber security are preferred
- Business skills including Ecosystem thinking, product knowledge, future of banking, regulatory requirements and operational excellence