HEAD-FINANCIAL SURVEILLANCE AND INTEGRITY DIVISION: REF-HFSID (Five (5) year fixed contract)
The Head Financial Surveillance is responsible for ensuring that there is an effective and efficient Financial Surveillance & Integrity process within the Bank to mitigate Money laundering risks and Exchange Control risks faced by the Authorised Dealers (ADs) and Authorised Dealers with Limited Authority (ADLAs).
Areas of Responsibility include:
• Administering the delegated powers of the Minister of Finance on ADs, which give them the right to buy and sell foreign exchange, subject to conditions and within prescribed limits.
• Overseeing compliance on ADs and ADLAs to Anti-Money laundering/Combatting Financing of Terrorism laws.
• Overseeing compliance on ADLAs including Bureaux de Change, which deal in foreign exchange for the sole purpose of facilitating travel related transactions.
• Improving the legal and regulatory framework compatible with international norms and standards.
Candidate will have to:
• Ensuring effective development and implementation of strategy based
• To prudentially manage the Bank’s costs through preparation of efficient
• To develop comprehensive periodic analytical reporting that portrays the
Bank’s performance in terms of both its finance and its sustainability.
Candidate will have to:
• Enforce laws, regulations and guidelines that govern the operations of the ADs and ADLAs in Lesotho.
• To monitor and assess money-laundering risks for ADs and ADLAs.
• To review and update AML/CFT regulations and guidelines in line with international best practices.
• Analyze the financial sanctions lists published both domestically and internationally, in line with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions relating to prevention and suppression of terrorism and terrorism financing, and produce reports with clear recommendations for Management consideration.
• Prepare consolidated Divisional annual work plans in line with the Bank’s Corporate Plan.
• Prepare progress reports, budgets and monitor through budget variances.
• Ensure that the Bank is appropriately represented in relevant forums both
domestically and regionally.
• Appraise staff through developing performance contracts and monitoring
• Prepare CBL and Supervision annual reports.
• Be Proactive to emerging challenges and market dynamism by deployment of supervisory methods in line with international best practice and informing policy where necessary.
Candidates applying for this role require the following behavioural competencies:
• Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate a long term vision, create team effectiveness, optimize performance, coach, and provide guidance.
• In-depth technical knowledge relevant to the position of interest.
• Formulating Strategies & Concepts.
• Deciding & Initiating Action.
• Leading & Supervising.
• Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking.
• Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations.
• Presenting & Communicating.
All candidates wishing to apply should have the above stated behavioural competences and the following qualifications and experience to be considered at least:
• Minimum requirement is a Master’s degree in any one or more of the following or an equivalent combination of education and experience:
• Risk Management, Banking, Economics, Finance or equivalent or equivalent professional qualification.
• A minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience in a banking environment of which three (3) years is at senior managerial level.
• Relevant courses completed in Risk Based Supervision and Advanced knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering and Combatting of Financing of Terrorism and Exchange Control will be an added advantage.
Letters of application, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates & transcripts, names and contacts (including cell/telephone and e-mail) of two referees must be sent to the Director of Human Resources or at the email below:
Email: [email protected] on or before 20th
Hand deliver at the Bank, Director of Human Resources, Central Bank of Lesotho
Corners Moshoeshoe & Airport Roads, P.O. Box 1184, Maseru 100
To avoid duplication in sending your applications please use EITHER the email or hand deliver but NOT both.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.