Define the desired strategy and financial performance for the country and ensure that the resources involved have the necessary leadership, guidance and support to achieve the set financial targets and when required partner with the Global Sector Head to achieve targets. Additionally, leverage industry relationships to achieve high levels of client service, business targets and revenue opportunities across Client Coverage.
- Develop and implement the Client Coverage strategy in line with the overall strategy and parameters set by the PRMC (Portfolio Risk Management Committee).
- Collaborate with the Country client coverage team, Head Client Coverage (Region), Region and Head CIB to ensure alignment between the Country strategy and overall client coverage strategy
- Set and drive the achievement of financial targets, such as revenue, ROEs etc. and achieve the budgeted profitability.
- Oversee and Manage the efficient delivery of services to clients
- Provide the required strategic leadership to enable transaction execution for key clients.
- Continuously identify and implement opportunities of continuous improvement in the team by using personal discretion or initiative
- Lead the development of innovative solutions tailored to the client’s needs which will allow Standard Bank to meet the business requirements
- Develop short term and long term sales and product plans, focusing on customers, competition, profitability, product life cycle and service consideration, in addition to organizing sales programs for growth and product penetration.
- Manage the budget of the area; forecast the annual costs of the area, with the input from the upstream and downstream partners and team and ensure all operational and activity costs remain within the allocated budget.
- Manage the level of exposure and set limits within the bank’s risk appetite
- Drive a culture of proactive compliance within the area.
- Collaborate with Human Capital, to develop the people strategy for the area with a focus on talent management, resourcing, development and retention and ensure delivery of entire people agenda
- Lead and continuously develop resources and build a credible and capable team
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external Stakeholder, and leverage off the relationships when required.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key clients to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the bank
- Embed the client engagement model within the strategy and act as facilitator between business units on deployment of resources to the client with a focus on risk optimisation, efficient limit and capital utilisation and maximising profitability
- Continuously build Standard Bank’s industry profile with high level, representation at conferences, workshops, expert panels, key industry events, publications and other marketing events which fit SB’s market focus
- Maintain detailed and current understanding of the industry (at a macro-global level, specific regional or local issues and key clients) to ensure that new opportunities for Standard Bank are capitalised and threats are quickly identified
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Post graduate qualifications MBA or CA.Minimum of 10 years in Relationship Management (of which 5 years should have been within Banking environment, and preferable at least two-year experience within a Credit environment).
- Experience in developing and driving strategy
- Experience in building, developing and empowering teams
- Strong ability to effectively lead and achieve results through others even in the face of adversity
- Experience in planning, forecasting & budgeting