- To provide specialist Agribusiness knowledge and ensuring the integration, adoption and application of the Agribusiness sector strategy that will aggressively grow the client base, revenue and market share in country (i.e. acquisition through ecosystems).
- Develop strategies and tactics to grow market share by identifying opportunities to acquire customers in collaboration with internal business partners.
- Ensure the attainment of all Growth, Value and Advantage objectives for Agriculture Banking Sector – as reflected in Market share growth, Attainment of sales targets and Balance sheet and income statement objectives.
- Co-ordinate and implement policy directives and strategies of the agricultural central office in the country.
- Overall responsibility for merchandising in the districts.
- Enhance the bank’s image and profile by representing the bank at important functions and events, e.g Farmers Days, study groups.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of Bank policy as well as the Bank Act requirements
- Implements client standards and policies aligned to PBB Africa Regions (AR) minimum standards and enhances for local requirements in agreement with relevant toolbox owner(s).
- Provides input into Agribusiness country client risk appetite based on the defined framework which is signed off by PBB Africa Regions in conjunction with PBB Risk.
- Implements the framework for the management of clients with multi-jurisdiction presence.
- Provides input on toolbox development for consumption by other countries where common benefit could be derived, as approved by toolbox owner.
- Provides input into client journeys development as delegated by PBB AR.
- Keeps abreast of industry and sector trends and macro challenges.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of commodity value chains in country, including key market players and international trade relations.
- Provides relevant commodity insights as part of the knowledge based value proposition
- Works with Product to identify, design and deliver fit-for-purpose client centric product solutions.
- Implements, tracks and reports on agreed financial and non-financial metrics for Agribusiness (e.g. number of client defaults, net promoter score, client growth, etc.).
- Ensures clean, consistent and accurate financial reporting on Agribusiness and empowers Relationship Managers with the necessary tools/financial structures to report on Agribusiness performance.
- Responsible for the achievement of the agreed financial outcomes for Agribusiness.
- Reports on the Agribusiness’ performance and undertakes remedial actions to ensure financial outcomes realisation.
- Implements the agreed risk framework and appetite in alignment with toolbox owner and country Risk Corporate Function requirements.
- Provides input into and adheres to the risk control procedures and governance as defined for Agribusiness in consultation with toolbox owner(s) and country Risk Corporate Function.
- Implements and monitors risk management for Agribusiness (e.g., operational and credit risk).
- Implements internal audit and operational risk remediation actions and closes out all matters relating to Agribusiness.
- Implements a first line risk management capability for client facing channels.
- Implements and adheres to the SBG Cybersecurity policies.
- Monitors and reports sector adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Ensures escalation procedures exist for the reporting and resolution of specific breaches of policy, regulatory breaches, etc. Clear understanding of regulatory impairments with IFRS9, working with credit to manage Agribusiness provisions, inputs to resolving impairments and post write off recovery.
- Identifies current and potential employee skill requirements in consultation with the PBB Human Capital Business Partner.
- Determines and guides performance and associated award in consultation with PBB Human Capital, and in alignment with SBG guidelines for own team.
- Ensures alignment to the Human Capital standards with regards to all employee-related matters for own team.
- Manage staff to ensure that targets, work and quality standards are set, achieved and maintained.
- Track and manage the performance contribution of staff.
- Identify strengths and development areas and ensuring that support staff receives the requisite learning and skills development interventions.
- Provides input to talent strategy developed.
- Mobilises employees in order to fulfil the bank’s objectives regarding client service; sales; people management and engagement; transformation; risk and compliance.
- Leads, inspires and coaches a team of professionals, develops talent, creates succession to key roles
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Degree in Business Commerce or Agriculture Economics, or related studies.
An honours degree in Agriculture/Agriculture Economics or related studies, will be an advantage.
Minimum 5 years Banking experience
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- General knowledge of products offered by the bank.
- Knowledge of the functions performed by the Relationship Banking
- Developing Strategies.
- Generating Ideas
- Proficient in the design and understanding of data management, analytics and business intelligence.
- Understands the digital landscape and digitisation strategies that enable an enable an enhanced customer experience.
- Experience in preparing and motivating credit applications is essential for arbitration purposes