The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelter seeks to appoint Hosts to be based in Cape Town:
Report to: Respective Shelter Managers
Salary: R5 700.00 per month
This is a permanent post
- The Host will be responsible for the initial intake of clients including their safety and care
- Supervise clients
- Administrative duties
- Maintain the cleanliness and housekeeping
- Reside in the area or in surrounding areas
- Code B drivers licence
- Grade 10 Certificate
- Ability to work shifts and alternate weekends
- Ability to interact with clients from different cultures and religions
- Manage conflict situations
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work as a team player
- Must be of sober habits
- Have no criminal record
- Must be in good health
- Experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage
To apply, submit two pages CV, and motivational letter to the HR Manager [email protected] indicate in the subject line for which post you apply: Host: Napier or Kensington
If you don’t receive a response from us within three weeks of closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za