HARDWOOD OPERATOR (Scale B)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Hardwood Operator to ensure the efficient operation of the hardwood plant from the log intake chain conveyor to the hardwood chip piles.
This role reports to the: Shift Superintendent Woodyard
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Ensure start up and shut down of plant
- Monitor plant during operation
- Identify abnormal / emergency plant conditions and take corrective action according to standard (BOP)
- Shut down the plant when required
- Conduct planned / unplanned knife changes
- Clear log blockages on log conveying systems
- Clear bark blockages on bark system
- Ensure plant is running at optimum state to deliver on daily targets
- Monitor chip quality and report deviations to Shift Superintendent
- Isolate plant as required (Authorized Operator)
- Perform house keeping with the team – focus on area of responsibility
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric (Maths and Science) / N3 Pulp and Paper
- 1-3 years’ experience in the Pulp and Paper industry, preferably Woodyard Operation
Closing date for application: 02 September 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.