The primary purpose is providing service at Group Level on financial reporting, statutory reporting, financial management, management reporting, project management IFRS 17 implementation and stakeholder engagement. This position reports to Chief Financial Officer and the role is also part of IFRS17 implementation team.
You will be responsible for:
- Insurance finance transformation and system implementation to support IFRS 17 pilot in ensuring the outcomes of the IFRS 17 are enabled through the design of the solution
- Supporting the timely, accurate and consistent preparation of financial statements and reports required by the company, it’s external auditors and other regulatory authorities, Asset liability matching and financial models to ensure the investment management is aligned to the company’s investment strategy, investment policies and any regulatory requirements /restrictions
Required Qualifications, experience, knowledge and Competencies
Must possess a CA
- 3-5 years experience as a financial Accountant or similar role in an insurance or financial services environment in required
- 3 years in insurance or finance – Must have experience in consolidations and/or financial reporting
- Experience with 300 Sage or Hands-on experience with Accounting software packages
- Should possess skills including financial and statutory reporting, budgeting and operational finance
- Exposure in changes and projects – Life insurance/Finance related
- General ledger implementation experience
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 and thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards, statutory reporting requirements and the accounting treatment of insurance companies.
Interested candidates may submit their applications which includes copies of relevant certifications, CV and motivation letter to HR Office or email at [email protected] by the 20th January 2022. Please visit www.alliance.co.ls for a detailed job description. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this advertisement.