PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Group Development Manager (GDM) will take overall responsibility for the successful running of the Development unit and working with Affiliates, Country Directors and the senior management team to co-ordinate all aspects of the revenue and development process with the aim of meeting strategic targets across the group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the CDO to lead Affiliates and Countries in shaping and implementing revenue strategy.
- Ensure that the Grants Unit is sufficiently resourced and provides the required ser- vices to Affiliates and Country Offices and contributes directly to meeting grant related revenue targets.
- Leverage JAM’s existing networks and nurture new partnerships with bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g USAID, USDA, EU, FCDO, World Bank, UN Agencies), re- search and technical partners and partner NGOs.
- Ensure that the unit is engaged at a strategic level and build core relationships with bilateral and multilateral donors as well as partner NGOs in alignment with group strategy.
- Support Country Offices to acquire and manage the resources that they need to meet revenue targets.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the formulation of policies and procedures as well as mechanisms for monitoring compliance and consistency in their implementation.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of the revenue strategy for short, medium and long-term resource mobilisation, partnering with business development leads across JAM’s global footprint to secure funds and further partnerships.
- Work with Country programmes teams in identifying, tracking and regularly up- dating institutional revenue opportunities.
- Collaborate with the group as a whole to leverage corporate partnerships in institu tional bids for higher-value revenue and/or strategic requests of institutional donors.
- Support the adoption of SalesForce Not-for-Profit Success Pack for Grant and In- come Tracking within JAM Group including JAM Affiliates and JAM International.
Qualiﬁcation, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
• At least 5 years working experience in related field and at relevant level.
• Preferred: 5 years’ experience in providing operational leadership in more than one function or country.
• Strong team player with proven ability to collaborate constructively and find solutions to achieve objectives while building and maintaining good relationships at all levels.
• Ability to coach and support experienced senior professionals, providing necessary direction and guidance; managing by objectives while delegating the detailed management of their teams and specialised areas of content.
• Significant multi-cultural leadership and management experience.
• Ability to travel.
How to Apply
All candidates should send their applications to: [email protected] The closing date is 24 September 2021.
Location: The position can be based in South Africa, UK or Europe and candidates must possess full working rights in either country.
Disclaimer: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis.