We are looking for a strategic marketing hire at Product Fuel (more info on us below). If we hire you, we don’t just want you to help accomplish our goals; We want to help you accomplish YOUR goals as well. The rewards will be tremendous: professional/personal development, a work environment that you love and being a key player in growing a company that is exploding with growth.
If that sounds good to you, keep reading 🙂 We truly believe this is the opportunity of a lifetime-don’t let it slip by!
Do you love:
- Taking Action (instead of waiting to be told what to do)?
- Being a vital asset to a company, not just a “cog” in a machine?
- Having autonomy to make improvements without needing bureaucratic approval?
- Personal Development?
- Constantly learning new things and being challenged?
- Juggling dozens of different tasks, prioritizing what to focus on?
- Working under pressure and with fast turn-arounds?
- Pushing your limits, striving for big goals?
- Making a big impact on millions of lives?
- Being a part of a growing company with evolving roles?
- Producing Design that creates delight?
- Going the extra mile to ensure that what was promised is delivered?
If you’re screaming “that’s me!” then keep reading..
At Product Fuel, we believe that Amazon is the most strategic channel brands can focus on outside their own online store. We’re on a mission to help some of the most innovative product brands compete and dominate in a quickly evolving Amazon ecosystem.
Founded by entrepreneurs who built businesses selling over 8 figures a year on Amazon and developed deep contacts amongst the best and most successful sellers on Amazon. We partner with companies that have run top tier Kickstarter campaigns or very successful product brands through their own ecommerce channels and help them dominate on Amazon.
HUNGER: We are passionate about our work, and we work hard. We are always looking for more things to learn, more responsibility to take on, and ways we can improve the company. We are not slackers.
HUMBLE: No big egos here. We are humbly confident! We care about the performance of the team, and always put the team ahead of self. We also don’t discount our own abilities (false humility)
SMART. We are aware and considerate of those we work with. We listen first and ask good questions. We firmly believe in the Golden Rule, and treat each other, our customers, and our vendors with the utmost respect.
A FUN-LOVING, MISSIONAL SIDE. Working hard is great, but we also take time to just enjoy life and help others do the same! We like to laugh, go to happy hours, and just have fun. We believe business success is only secondary to (and dependant on!) healthy relationships and healthy emotional, mental, physical and spiritual lives.
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for a key player to be our Graphic Designer with a path to grow into a Creative Director role. This person will oversee the strategy and implementation of brand imagery for strategic client accounts working under our current creative director to truly internalize our branding process and imagery creation and eventually growing into a lead role.
This person will work with our creative director, clients, and our account management team to build out best in class marketing imagery. They will be working with and managing world-class team members for various roles-if you don’t have experience with something, you’ll either learn it or manage someone to implement it. You’ll be working with our close-knit team based in Austin, where we work and play hard. We are open and supportive of remote candidates.
Responsibilities Include (but aren’t limited to)
- Designing an entire “image stack” taking client photography to sell all of the product benefits through imagery
- Interfacing with our internal design team to produce world class converting imagery.
- Designing imagery to walk a customer through answers to questions along the sales journey.
- Using photoshop to improve photography to contrast and stand out in a competitive environment.
- Take marketing copy and design the imagery for design accents that augment that and bring forth the brand image.
We’re putting all the right pieces in place to continue growing Product Fuel. We’re connected to a community of the best and most competitive sellers in the Amazon ecosystem and constantly improving. We have the direction established for our brand, but need someone to lead our client account management.
This is a unique opportunity to work closely with and be mentored by two entrepreneurs who have built multiple successful ecommerce companies (and sold/exited two already). As well as arguably the best designer creative director we’ve worked with.
It’s ideal for a hungry, go-getter entrepreneurially-leaning person who wants to learn A LOT, and desires a good challenge + opportunity to prove themselves. This person needs to be an implementer and good at juggling a variety of tasks and projects.
To be a good fit for this job, you must be:
- Hungry, scrappy, a go-getter: put in the time/effort until task is done, owning your “work zone” like it’s your baby
- Persistent: obstacles don’t stop you. You keep pushing until you break through.
- Team player: care about others. Self-aware and always improving.
- Have strong conceptual ability
- Be Responsible
- Able to work independently under supervision
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline-conscious and a great communicator
- An action taker when you see a need
- Data-driven: you don’t just rely on how things look or “feel” but analyze success based on numbers and metrics
You must love:
- Experimentation and constantly improving
- Constantly getting better. Creating iterations and looking at the data to see what converts and applying that across our portfolio of companies and products.
- Staying on top of best practices in imagery, brand consistency, and telling a visual story.
You Must Have:
- Comfort with design software (Adobe)
- Photo editing skills & Typography skills
- Strong command of English and English Composition
Nice to Have:
- Experience in creating Amazon assets
- Familiar with 3D software (3D mockup creation and/or rendering)
- Knowledgeable in programming languages (including HTML and CSS)
We offer great flexibility: work from home when you want, choose your hours. All we care about is that you are:
1) PASSIONATE/Love what you’re doing and
2) Deliver killer results!
Competitive salary, with lots of upsides in the form of bonuses.
Note: This isn’t a “normal” job, and isn’t for everyone. This is the opportunity to make a massive impact at a quickly growing ecommerce startup, where you’ll be an entrepreneur, but without the downside. If this excites you, please apply!
Please write a one page letter telling me why you would be good for this job.