Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has nearly 4,000 personnel working in 24 countries across the globe. Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern Worldwide US is seeking highly motivated individuals to join its 2022 Summer Fellowship Program. Concern’s fellowship program is an excellent opportunity for individuals to work alongside dedicated, experienced staff to learn about Concern’s mission and vision and the many mechanisms that come together to create an effective humanitarian organization.
As a Concern Worldwide US fellow, you will have the opportunity to learn about and gain exposure to the breadth of Concern’s portfolio of work which includes international humanitarian and development programming, policy and advocacy, grants management, communications and marketing, finance and administration, systems and operations, and human resources. Through your day-to-day assignments, as well as experiential learning opportunities such as brown bag presentations and informational meetings with members of Concern’s senior management team, your fellowship experience will provide you with an opportunity to work on engaging, high impact projects for a large international NGO.
- Individual Giving: Special Events & Major Donors
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Business Operations
- Support the strategic communications strategy and drive progress for Concern Worldwide US through design.
- Develop a portfolio of design work.
- With support from the Graphic Designer, manage projects from idea generation to final product.
- Gain experience working on special events, donor-facing campaigns, and communications initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Graphic Designer support in design development and project management of key communications initiatives.
- Ensure all designs adhere to US brand guidelines.
Compensation & Structure:
The fellowship will begin Tuesday, June 14, 2022 and conclude Friday, August 19, 2022. Scheduling is flexible, though fellows will be expected to be in the office every Tuesday during the course of the fellowship. Fellows are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week (maximum 15 hours/week). The program will run for a period of 10 weeks.
The fellowship program is compensated through a $3000 stipend to be paid semi- monthly.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in graphic design, visual design, communications or related field of study.
- Advanced knowledge and use of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Interest designing across multiple mediums.
- A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to meeting changing deadlines and priorities and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Effective communication skills.
- Commitment to the core values and vision of Concern Worldwide.
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US.