The officer will have primary day-to-day responsibility for accounting, clerical tasks and financial reporting as well as procurement activities associated with HSF grants. The officer will work closely with the ISS programmes that receive HSF funding, and the Communication department on certain aspects of procurement. The Officer will maintain effective systems for monitoring expenditure, and ensure compliance to HSF regulations and reporting requirements so that expense claims are accurate.
The officer will require exceptional financial, organisational and problem-solving skills. She or he will have experience working with service providers and suppliers, specifically in the procurement of services. The officer will be a motivated team player who can work under pressure and proactively solve problems, with a ‘hands-on’ approach to the job. The successful candidate will report to the Group Financial Officer in Pretoria.
Overview of duties
- Undertake all relevant tasks to ensure effective financial administration of the project by the ISS
- Review and ensure implementation of ISS-HSF MOU’s and regulations
- Implement effective systems for monitoring grant expenditure in accordance to grant requirements
- Initiate and manage all procurement for HSF grants, including but not limited to develop and maintain a selection of relevant suppliers, source quotes from suppliers as required by HSF regulations, and maintain sound client relations with suppliers
- Administer payment of suppliers and ensure proper record keeping of expenditure and retention of supporting documentation needed for monthly financial reporting and submission of claims to HSF
- Assist the Group Financial Officer with year-end audit preparation
Overview of requirements
- Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the administration or management of grants
- Good understanding and working knowledge of project management
- Good organisational skills and understanding of financial monitoring and administration systems
- Experience with the entire procurement process and working with suppliers
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) and fluent in English, German will be advantageous
§ Proficiency in, and application of rules and regulations of the German Ministry of Economic Coorperation and Development
- Computer literacy: Excel, Word, Internet, email
- Knowledge and working experience of Acumatica accounting software will be advantageous
The contract will be for 2 years and may be renewed subject to programme requirements, funding and satisfactory performance. A competitive salary is offered.
Email your application to Rekha Valabh at [email protected] Applicants must provide a detailed CV, including at least three contactable referees. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.