Grant Accountant (ECHO DRR III Project)
Reports to: ECHO Project Manager
Duration: Fixed contract: 2 years
Purpose of the Position:
To provide oversight and management of grant accounting and budgetary functions for ECHO funded DRR project, to ensure compliance with ECHO requirements, reporting requirements and guidance.
• Monitor grant expenditures
• Maintain working relationships with the Support Office
• Update financial systems
• Budget preparations
• Ensure financial compliance
• Financial reporting
• Review and payment of requisitions
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- B.A Degree in Accounting or relevant fields and have knowledge in GAAP and practical knowledge of financial system and internal financial controls and procedures.
- Requires four years related experience, preferably with ECHO funded projects.
- Fluency in English is required
- Proficiency in computer basic skills- MS Office; Internet; Basic data analysis skills;
- Self- managed, self-driven, results oriented individual with excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills;
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary team.
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Honesty and personal integrity, accountability and quality achiever
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Office-based with minimal travel to the field
REMUNERATION: Competitive with market standards
Applications to be done through the following link ONLY: [email protected]
Closing date 13th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision Lesotho is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
WORLD VISION DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FOR JOB PLACEMENT.