ENGINEERING – ENG-CLOUD
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
- We’re looking for a remote full-time backend developer to join our team and help bring open source backups management into MongoDB.
- We would love to find a MongoDB expert with Go development experience, or an experienced Go programmer who wants to become a MongoDB Backups ninja.
- This position is back-end development (but the ambitious, talented full-stack developer are welcome too).
- You should find these keywords familiar and very appealing: MongoDB, backup management, infrastructure orchestration, database clustering, high-availability, containers.
- The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding!
- Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a large impact.
- This is a rare opportunity to start with a great team, on a great project, at a great company with lots of benefits.
- Professional Go programming experience
- Experience with MongoDB
- Proficient with designing and developing APIs for stateful communications
- Excellent programming fundamentals
- Proficient in English both verbal and written
- Solid understanding of advanced database concepts, e.g. replication, sharding, and PITR
- Proficient with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Galera Cluster for MySQL
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, IRC and voice calls are the only interactions with others on a daily basis
Location / Time zone: Remote work from home position anywhere in the world.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.