As a Global Markets Intelligence (GMI) Analyst, you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth of a leading market surveillance services provider and make an immediate impact to the business and clients. You will receive formal group training and on-the-job experience during your first few months of employment.
You will learn institutional surveillance techniques under the supervision of experienced analysts and directors. You will develop an expert-level understanding about your clients’ institutional investors and your team’s market sector. You will gain valuable experience producing analytical work and presenting your conclusions to clients.
You will regularly touch all areas of the capital markets environment, from public issuers, buy-side investors, sell-side analysts, trading desks, and data providers. Opportunity for career advancement along with the growth of the practice.
What you’ll do as an IHS Markit GMI Analyst:
- Provide clients with actionable intelligence about their institutional investors and what is driving trading in equity markets
- Develop and maintain advisory relationships with the investor relations and executive teams of publicly traded companies
- Follow public equity markets and update clients about events affecting individual stocks, specific sectors, and broader indexes
- Identify leading institutional buyers and sellers of clients’ stocks, and provide insight, colour and context around the movements
- Analyze all relevant activity around your clients’ stock activity, including competitive peer news and performance, valuation metrics, sell-side coverage, short interest, derivatives activity, and technical analysis
- Deliver regular reports and ad hoc updates about stock performance, noteworthy institutional movements, and aberrational trading
- Provide clients with intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations outreach efforts
- Connect with buy-side institutional portfolio managers and trading desks to gain insights on investment strategy and trading
- Participate in the growth and improvement of the team’s service offering to clients
What we look for:
- BCom Degree
- 0-3 years of experience
- “Dual threat” analysts with both strong quantitative and qualitative talent
- Superior analytical reasoning, and effective oral and written communication skills
- An ability to work independently and within a dynamic team
- An ability to analyze data and absorbs new information in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Facility with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with FactSet a plus
- Demonstrated interest in equity markets and Wall Street, and an understanding of financial markets
- Aptitude to learn internal proprietary applications
- Detail-oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with client-facing situations
- Resourceful, assertive, and not afraid to ask questions
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact [email protected] or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.