Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients — more than 300 organizations in over 55 countries — include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations.
The Global Human Resources Manager (HRM) will support the growth of our dynamic, international team. You will be responsible for managing company HR policies and compliance with local laws in each of the six countries where we operate. You will keep employee records, and coordinate with the finance and operations team on payroll, hiring, benefits administration and intra-company transfers. You will support our managers around the company with resources, processes, and templates. You will also manage the onboarding process, coordinate and conduct training sessions and ensure all new hires are integrated seamlessly. You will communicate with diverse audiences – internally with our staff and externally with job candidates – and should be energized by protecting and developing our collaborative, mission-driven culture.
- Manage HR compliance in all municipalities in which Vera operates, including compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; modify policies and practices to maintain compliance (in all municipalities in which Vera operates) to stay current on all SHRM standards
- Help develop and tailor company HR policies, educate the team, and continue to make Vera a great, progressive place to work
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy
- Coordinate with the finance team to manage payroll needs
- Oversee onboarding, including organizing employee orientation, conducting new hire trainings, creating new employee files, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons
- Oversee offboarding, including conducting exit interviews
- Administer benefits plans including health insurance, retirement, etc.
- Monitor global and local trends in human resources, progressive company practices, benefits, etc.
- Support the development of HR training materials for employees or new hires
- Foster positive employee relations and work to solve any employee issues that surface or are brought to your attention
- Join the Operations team on special projects
Qualification and Experience
- 5-8+ years of HR experience
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- HR experience and expertise within an international company
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Google Drive/Docs
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Outcome-oriented – you can drive complex project to completion
- Happy taking initiative and working independently
- Professional integrity and sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to work with people across time zones
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience leading HR for a growing international company
- Relevant post-graduate degree(s) or certifications
How to apply
Please click here and complete and the online application form.