GIS Analyst (ECHO DRR III Project)
Reports to: ECHO Project Manager
Duration: Fixed contract: 1 year, 6 months
Purpose of the Position:
• To provide field leadership production of maps and mapping data analysis.
• To Provide support in assessing and designing geographic information tools for improved DRR services in Lesotho.
• Production of maps and data analyzing
• Facilitate use of the mapping system
• Communicate and utilize mapping data
• Facilitate learning and better practices in mapping
• Plan mapping linking them with Community Disaster Preparedness Plans
• Develop or adapt measurement tools
• Utilization and Use of Baseline/Evaluation findings
• Knowledge management
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• Degree in Computer Science, Geography, Surveying, Engineering or related field.
• Proficiency with drone piloting and usage of mapping software
• Experience with mapping tools such as PIX4D, PIX4D Mapper, QGIS
• Experience with GPS measuring tools.
• Outstanding quantitative skill set.
• Analytical mindset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills
• Robust problem-solving abilities
• Excellent electronic and mechanical skills
• Expertise in multitasking
• Keen attention to detail
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Honesty and personal integrity, accountability and quality achiever
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Office-based with extensive travel to the field
REMUNERATION: Competitive with market standards
Applications to be done through the following link ONLY: [email protected]
Closing date 13th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision Lesotho is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks. WORLD VISION DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FOR JOB PLACEMENT.