Established in 1958, Girls and Boys Town (GBT) is a national nonprofit organisation that runs proven and successful programmes to strengthen vulnerable youth. Through a combination of interventions, Girls and Boys Town on average, assist between 16 000 to 20 000 beneficiaries a year. GBT core focus is to remove the obstacles and barriers that prevent children from finding their light and helping them to Shine.
Girls and Boys Town seeks to appoint a Fundraising Administration Officer, to be based in Durban.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and donor
- Oversee general office needs
- Take and type Minutes of meetings and maintain an effective filing system
- Assist with general administrative duties manage stock, stationery and new orders
- Direct calls and forward messages to the fundraising team
- Generate reports and file accordingly
- Assist all fundraisers with basic administration duties as and when required
- Petty cash management and liaising with Head Office regarding invoices and payments
- Book travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Prepare internet transfer requisitions
- Capture donations on the Ivory Donor Management System
- Grade 12/Matric
- Computer Literate
- Basic Bookkeeping
- Secretarial Diploma Advantageous
- Minimum of three years’ secretarial / administration experience
- Computer skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office including (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access)
- Ability to type 40 to 60 words per minute
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Administrative and organising skills – prepare reports, presentations and documents
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting or bookkeeping
- Ability to multitask
- Bilingualism an advantage
- Knowledge of videoconferencing and other office equipment
To apply, submit abridged two page to [email protected]
Telephone Enquiries: Saloshna Ellary (032) 943 3189
Only short listed candidates will be responded to.
Girls and Boys Town is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about Girls and Boys Town, refer to www.girlsandboystown.org.za