aptitude to fill the position of GEOTECHNICAL MANAGER (PATERSON BAND DU).
PURPOSE: Reporting to the Mineral Resources Manager, the Geotechnical Manager will formulate and maintain a geotechnical domain model for Letšeng’s kimberlite mining operations; to conduct slope stability analyses and pit design recommendations; to recommend safe planning and working procedures to minimise risk of collapse and threat to mining personnel and equipment.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure that appropriate controls, structures, governance practices and processes are in place to enable effective operational execution of Geo-Technical requirements
• Determine service level agreements with operational stakeholders related to Geo-Technical service requirements and service delivery
• Ensure that Geo-Technical service and support requirements are mapped against operational and project plans and objectives
• Develop quality controls to ensure alignment of operational Geo-Technical interventions, systems and processes with standardisation requirements as well as policies, procedures and operating standards
• Manage the implementation of measurements and control systems to provide leading and lagging indicators as well as assist in the review of fatal risk protocols, codes of practice, procedures and standards relevant to all mining activities
• Action talent management initiatives for team members (performance review, talent review, etc.)
• Complies with HSE policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• A four-year Honours Degree in Geology or Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in open pit mining environment of which 3 years shall have been at a Lower D level.
• Completion of a recognized Management Development Programme would be an advantage
• Specialist knowledge of Pit sidewall safety, Hydrological management and Geotechnical data interpretation and 3D modelling
• Light Vehicle Driver’s Licence
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Ability to build up and manage systems and procedures for sound geotechnical engineering controls and practices from a low base
• Advanced PC skills and computer literacy, including experience with standard geotechnical software packages
• Attention to Detail
• Problem Solving and Administrative skills
Interested candidates should submit their applications, CV and highest qualification obtained to The Human Resources Office, Letšeng Diamonds House, Corner Kingsway and Old School Road, P.O. Box 12508, Maseru 100, Lesotho or email to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 6th August 2020.
DISCLAIMER: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.