GENERATION MANAGER In the Engineering Division
EED: GD 0190
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position. The position will be on a three year performance based contract. The position is based at the Head office in Maseru. The incumbent will be responsible to the General Manager Engineering.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- A BSc Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- A post Graduate management Diploma/Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least Five (5) years’ experience in an electrical utility environment, of which three (3) years must be in a senior position.
- Maintenance in electro mechanical equipment experience is required
- Computer Literacy is essential
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work
- High Integrity
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA
The incumbent will be responsible for performing the following duties amongst others:
- Leading and coordinating Generation Departmental activities.
- Coordinating, monitoring and controlling the annual maintenance plans and schedules for generation plants.
- Performing feasibility studies on generation options.
- Securing other sources of supply from neighbouring countries.
- Selling power to the transmission system operator.
- Exploring alternative generation sources to meet LEC demand.
- Preparing the Corporate Plan (in line with the Company’s strategic plan) as a component of the Engineering contribution towards the overall annual corporate plan.
- Monitoring compliance to LEC Safety rules and operating standards when operating LEC plants.
- Carrying out root cause analysis of power plant equipment and recommending way forward.
- Analysing data on failures, defects, and maintenance records to establish patterns and performance knowledge.
Interested candidates must submit their applications, CVs and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the position the candidate is applying for and hand deliver to the Managing Director, LEC Head Office on or before 02-04-2020 at 12:30 hrs. Reference should be made to EED: GD 0190 on all applications.