GENERAL SERVICES ENGINEER (PATERSON BAND DL)
To plan, develop, manage, and implement transformational projects, and manage the maintenance of infrastructure including water and waste water reticulations, buildings structural integrity (excluding processing plants) – roads (excluding haul roads), stormwater reticulation systems, treatment plants, vehicles and equipment.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify, initiate, and motivate civil construction projects on site.
• Supervise the Construction and Maintenance planning processes and ensure preliminary and detailed planning for identified and approved civil projects takes place.
• Ensure availability of required resources for implementation of construction and maintenance projects.
• Coordinate with identified stakeholders to ensure effective consultations and compliance.
• Implement construction projects in accordance with accepted project management methodologies and internal procedures for management of projects.
• Ensure Quality standards are maintained, HSE and environmental aspects are complying to agreed standards.
• Manage the manpower and budgets of all projects.
• Administers a planned building maintenance system and schedule, excluding electrical maintenance.
• Manage and allocate maintenance priorities as per the schedules.
• Ensure emergency repairs are attended and allocate appropriate resources.
• Analyse the scope of work and maintenance schedules in conjunction with the Head of Engineering services and determine whether to do the work with internal or outsourced resources.
• Develop a Maintenance System: Develop and review SOP’s, Work Instructions, Maintenance Schedules, and PTO’s.
• Manage the potable water reticulation, sewerage reticulation and ensure the potable water treatment plants are maintained.
• Ensure that broken effluent pipes are repaired and maintained as per maintenance plan.
• Oversee and maintain an effective fleet maintenance program that extends the life of the mines LDV’s.
• Ensure effective maintenance is carried out on the vehicles and complete repairs in a timely manner.
• Conduct audits of fleet operations to ensure that vehicles are being operated safely and efficiently.
• Manage the inventory of parts for vehicles and equipment.
• Offer relevant technical support to the tender committee in defining project scope, procurement strategy, evaluation criteria, and reviewing tender submissions.
• Plan and manage project schedules and manage relationships between project stakeholders.
• Establish scope, timing, resource requirements, and estimate budgetary requirements.
• Conduct risk assessment and initiate necessary approval to work permits (e.g., Excavation permit) as required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• B Sc. or B Tech. in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or related discipline
• 5 Years’ experience as a Civil Engineer or foreman in a construction environment or as a maintenance foreman
• Recognition of Prior Learning may be considered where applicants do not meet the minimum qualification criteria
• Experience in Fleet Management Services
• Experience in Mining and/or Construction environments (advantageous)
• Light Vehicle Driver’s Licence
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of relevant construction maintenance and practice and the diagnosis of relevant engineering problems, and the selection of correct options/solutions
• Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations, including legislative and regulatory bodies within a specific environment.
• A consistent awareness of the requirements will ensure a safe working environment.
• The ability to pay attention to detail so that outcomes are accurately executed.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.pnet.co.za.
CLOSING DATE: 09 June 2023.
DISCLAIMER: Only applicants who applied through www.pnet.co.za will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be responded to.