The Bible Society of Lesotho (BSL) has an opening for the position of GENERAL SECRETARY (GS) who will be answerable to the National Board.
- JOB PURPOSE
The GS will be responsible for initiating, coordinating and supervising all aspects of the programmes of the Society. He/she will provide strategic leadership in programme development and delivery, resource mobilization, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and financial planning to ensure that the Bible Society achieves the ultimate goal of the widest possible, meaningful and effective distribution of the Holy Scriptures and that the Society’s projects make a significant contribution to its funding portfolio.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop (train) the staff for special responsibilities, locally and internationally, and employ personnel as required by the operation e.g. special officers for production, marketing etc. to be suggested to the Bible Society Board for employment
- Consult regularly with the Bible Society Board concerning the total operation, preparing agenda for committee meetings and writing such reports as required by the Board for evaluation of the Bible Society’s activities
- Plan and implement Scripture publishing programmes to ensure wide and effective distribution of Scriptures;
- Develop new Scripture products on the basis of careful market research to meet the needs of different audiences in the country, in consultation with churches and other users;
- Develop and maintain close and effective relationships with all churches and Christian Organizations involved in Bible work;
- Promote the Bible cause among the Churches through Scripture distribution;
- Provide leadership in maintaining fundraising plans of the Bible Society of Lesotho and ensure viable funding pipelines;
- Develop and implement fund-raising programmes in order to promote support of the worldwide ministry by churches and individuals;
- Identify and respond to funding opportunities and fund development practices that support the strategic direction of the Bible Society of Lesotho;
- Ensure that the development and implementation of annual work plans including programme goals and measurable outcomes are consistent with the Bible Society Strategic Plan;
- Monitor programmes compliance with contractual agreements and grant requirements to ensure the accuracy of reporting and that all deadlines are met;
- Apply the United Bible Societies’ (UBS) standards in all aspects of Bible Society work in the context of national opportunities and possibilities.
- Provide proper accounts, procedures and inventory records according to legal requirements and accepted UBS standards
- SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Must possess a deep personal commitment to the Bible cause;
- Must be creative and resourceful;
- Must be an effective leader;
- Must have excellent administrative skills;
- Must have excellent organizational development and fundraising skills;
- Must have a good knowledge of the processes for planning, budgeting and monitoring and evaluation;
- Must have excellent networkingskills and ability to manage relationships with all relevant Churches and Christian Organizations;
- Must have excellent and demonstrated communication skills both written and oral;
- Must have a good understanding of Finance and Human Resource Management.
- Must have the ability to relate to others across cultural differences and traditions;
- Must have good computer skills, (Microsoft Office Suite).
4. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a University Bachelor’s degree in Social, or Economic, or Management sciences, or Governance, or Management, or Business Administration or related field and at least five (5) years’ experience in effective strategic management, OR,
- A University Master’s degree in Social, or Economic, or Management Sciences, or Governance, or Management, or Business Administration or related field and at least three (3) years’ experience in effective strategic management.
An Application Form and detailed Job Description are available at the BSL offices during weekdays between 08:30 hours and 16:00 hours. Contacts: [email protected] OR [email protected] OR 22323971 / 58793827
Interested and qualified candidates can kindly e-mail their applications and CVs to the Chairperson, BSL GS Search Committee at [email protected] or can drop them at the BSL offices, No.1 Old Europa, Behind Lancers Inn, Maseru.
Closing Date: Wednesday September 30, 2020 at 16:00 hours
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.