GENERAL MANAGER STRATEGY, PROJECTS, AND PLANNING In the STRATEGY, PROJECTS, AND PLANNING DIVISION
ESPP: SPPM 0219
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position. The position will be on a three year performance-based contract. The incumbent will be responsible for strategic planning as well as oversee portfolio and project management processes and tools, and serve as the lead project Manager for the Government of Lesotho’s Rural Electrification initiatives. The position is tenable at the Head Office in Maseru and the incumbent will be responsible to the Managing Director.
• The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent, AND a Masters in Business Administration. Professional certification in project management will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience, five (5) of which should be in a senior management position, with a proven track record of success.
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Keen business acumen
• Performance driven
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and people skills
• High integrity
• Good negotiation skills
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Facilitate processes to design and document strategic goals, outcomes and related projects. Oversee development of project plans aligned with strategic objectives.
• Set project planning standards to determine the resources and schedule required to deliver strategies, and facilitate a process to allocate budget and human resources to the portfolios, including managing dependencies between strategic resources.
• Develop, promote and maintain standards and tools for portfolio and project management, with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope.
• Establish and oversee strategy/project change control processes.
• Oversee creation and maintenance of project scope documents to ensure effective planning and define and manage risks, performance, roles, resources, communications, and quality.
• Oversee annual GOL REU grant to ensure delivery on time, scope and budget.
• Oversee management of portfolio risks and issues, including regular assessments.
• Contributing to the corporate strategy and annual business plan.
• Undertaking Divisional Strategic planning and monitoring implementation.
• Developing Divisional policies and ensuring compliance.
• Ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
• Producing Divisional reports as required.
• Presenting progress reports on annual operation plans.
• Approving all capacity building and training management strategies of the Division.
• Approving Divisional budget in accordance with business plan.
Interested candidates must email their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts to [email protected] on or before 1st July 2021.
Reference should be made to ESPP: SPPM 0219 on all applications.