The Lesotho National Development Corporation (LNDC) was established by an Act of Parliament as a parastatal. The LNDC Act No. 20 of 1967, as amended by LNDC Act No. 13 of 1990 and LNDC Act No. 7 of 2000, mandates the Corporation to: “initiate, promote and facilitate the development of manufacturing and processing industries, mining and commerce in a manner calculated to raise the level of income and employment in Lesotho.”
LNDC invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions of General Manager – Investment and Trade Promotion.
- Promote FDI & DI investing into Lesotho through regular interactions with potential investors.
- Establish relationships with the potential Investors to attract and retain them.
- Supervise investment road shows on a regular basis to promote Lesotho as an investment destination to potential investors, with the goal of inducing FDI into Lesotho.
- Develop alternative investment strategies for Lesotho economic climate.
- Coordinate investment opportunity and to provide the investors with research findings on their request.
- Developing and overseeing all aspects of the Corporation`s trade promotion activities.
- Designing unique plans for individual products, and overseeing and analyzing new product launches.
- Develop aftercare policies and operating procedures.
- Manage the investor journey through LNDC internal processes, making sure that all administrative and reporting requirements are met, including recording of progress and success.
- Contribute to defining the business strategy, priorities and initial activities of the ITP Unit in line with the LNDC Strategic Plan.
- Oversee and monitor nation brand promotion activities.
- Plan, prioritize, and manage multiple events for building the image of Lesotho as an attractive Investment Destination.
- Corporate Governance and Business strategy
- Lesotho economy, investment, and business environment
- Strong understanding of trade and investment promotion and facilitation
- Strong understanding of international trade and investment agreements
- Strong understanding of Investor State Dispute Settlement Provision
- Strong understanding of investment deal structuring
- Performance (economic, social, environmental, integrated reporting)
- Operations (including information systems, research,)
- Finance (budgets and reporting)
- Development Finance and sustainability (including impact investing)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple demands to accomplish tasks in accordance with established requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, superiors, media, private sector, government, economic and trade development institutions and development finance institutions
- Ability to prepare clear concise reports and make appropriate recommendations within scope of responsibility.
- Highly fluent in English
- Superior presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- High degree of Integrity
- High degree of financial literacy
- High Computer literacy
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum postgraduate degree in Investment and Trade, Development Finance, Economics, Investment and Finance, Marketing, or Business Administration or related. A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in investment promotion is required, at least 5 of which should be in a managerial role.
Term of contract
The two positions are on a three (3) year fixed-term contract, renewable based on performance.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Corporation offers a competitive remuneration package for the positions.
How to Apply:
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced candidates should email their applications accompanied by educational certificates and transcripts in PDF FORMAT ONLY to [email protected]. Job title must be used as the subject heading. Closing date is Wednesday 17th September 2021 at 17:00.
To apply, candidates MUST download and fill an application form accessible on the Corporation’s website: www.lndc.org.ls.
Enquires: HR Office – +266 2231 2012
Disclaimer: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The Corporation reserves a right to appoint suitable candidates that meet application requirements.
No late applications will be accepted.