GENERAL MANAGER FINANCE in the FINANCE DIVISION
EFD: FM 0218 DATE: 10/06/2021
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position. The position will be on a three year performance-based contract. The incumbent will be responsible for managing and implementing an effective control environment incorporating general controls, financial controls and corporate governance practices taking into account the risks of the business and opportunities available. The position is tenable at the Head Office in Maseru and the incumbent will be responsible to the Managing Director.
The ideal candidate will possess a BCom Degree Accounting/Finance. The candidate will further be a Qualified Chartered Accountant OR hold a Master’s in Business Administration in a financial discipline.
EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience, five (5) of which should be in a senior management position, with a proven track record of success.
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Keen business acumen
• Performance driven
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and people skills
• High integrity
• Good negotiation skills
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Planning and managing all financial aspects of LEC’s operations.
• Ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting, accounts preparation and accounts audit.
• Overseeing effective procurement, stock control and stores management.
• Maintaining effective cost control measures and ensuring an up to date financial database.
• Implementing and maintaining effective use of financial management systems.
• Monitoring compliance with IFRS accounting standards, approved financial policies and procedures.
• Contributing to the corporate strategy and annual business plan.
• Undertaking Divisional Strategic planning and monitoring implementation.
• Developing Divisional policies and ensuring compliance.
• Ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
• Producing Divisional reports as required.
• Presenting progress reports on annual operation plans.
• Approving all capacity building and training management strategies of the Division.
• Approving Divisional budget in accordance with business plan.
Interested candidates must email their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts to [email protected] on or before 24th June, 2021. Reference should be made to EFD: FM 0218 on all applications.