Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites suitably qualified and competent professionals to apply for the position of General Manager.
The General Manager heads the on-mine management team and contractors and is responsible for safety, quality, costs and achievement of production targets.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent
will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
- Contribute to the development of the company vision, strategy and business objectives;
- Implement the business strategy for the Mine by communicating strategic priorities to management team and provide high-level inputs to guide detailed planning outputs;
- Manage and direct the Mining, Processing, Engineering, Mineral Resource Management, Mine Planning, Human Resources, SHEC, Security and Finance on-mine disciplines to ensure the achievement of agreed production targets and company goals;
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives and processes towards ensuring business growth and alignment with international best practices; Ensure that training and development remains a high priority for LMDC and its contractors;
- Initiate appropriate information and control systems to monitor organizational performance against plans;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with external partners such as Government Ministries and Agencies, Advisors, the local Community and Peers;
- Liaise with the Ministry of Mining to ensure that LMDC fulfils the requirements of the Mining Agreement, Mining Act and relevant Policies;
- Nurture community relationships and ensure compliance and adherence to SHE policies.
Legal and other requirements
- Police clearance and medical certificate of fitness;
- Membership of a Recognised Professional Organisation;
- Drivers licence
Qualifications and experience
- 15 years plus mining industry experience of which at least 10 years’ experience at a Senior Manager level in preferably a diamond mining environment;
- Proven experience of managing an open pit mine;
- Tertiary qualification in Mining related discipline
- Business Management qualification such as MBA would be advantageous;
- Computer literacy (MS Office);
Skills and competencies
- Excellent communication skills to interact with stakeholders, shareholders and employees;
- Strong technical problem solving and analytical skills;
- Planning, budgeting, cost control, coordination and prioritizing skills;
- Strategic planning skills;
- The ability to motivate employees from a wide range of cultures and education levels
- Strong business acumen;
- Excellent safety track record
- Proven community or government relations skills would be an asset
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate based on applicable experience.
Note that the mine is situated in a remote location and the successful candidate will be required to drive in and out on an agreed rotation.
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted via email to: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of applications is on or before Friday 13 July 2018 and start date is as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted