GENERAL MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT (PATERSON BAND DL)
Letšeng Diamonds seeks to engage a qualified professional with appropriate skills and aptitude to fill the position of General Maintenance Superintendent.
JOB PURPOSE: To oversee and coordinate the functions of the General Maintenance section responsible for maintenance of built infrastructure (roads, water and wastewater conveyance systems, accommodation, office and general purpose facilities), maintenance of the vehicle fleet as well as small construction works at Letšeng Mine.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITY
• Accountable for the total budget activity (manpower and financial aspects) for the General Maintenance section and prepares operational and management reports
• Administers a planned maintenance system and schedule, for all assets under this section, and allocates maintenance priorities adhering as far as possible to schedule
• Responsible for identifying, initiating and motivating small construction projects on site and also carrying out preliminary and detailed planning for identified and approved projects
• Accountable for optimum availability of required resources (spares, consumables, tools, human resources) for effective maintenance function and for implementation of projects; and coordinates with identified stakeholders for effective consultations and compliance
• Implements all works in accordance with accepted engineering standards and project implementation methodologies and internal procedures for management of projects and manages the performance of external contracted service providers
• Has total responsibility and accountability for allocation of internal/external resources for maintenance works, and for reporting on performance
• Ensures that the records and drawings of all built infrastructure are available and updated to as-built status and that maintenance and other statutory records are meticulously kept
• Has full responsibility for employee training and development needs, and for effective implementation of the performance management system
• Accountable for effective implementation of all aspects of the Safety, Health and Environment (HSE) and Risk management programs and systems for the section
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• BSc or BTech in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or related discipline
• 5 years’ experience as a construction manager or foreman in a construction environment or as a maintenance supervisor in camps
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of general engineering theory, practice and the diagnosis of engineering and related concepts and problems and the selection of options and possibilities. Knowledge and understanding of the construction specifications and the methods and procedures to specify construction components
• Knowledge and understanding of the components of a contract and the methods and procedures to perform contract administration
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the Procurement Policies and procedures and the application thereof in the tendering process when adjudicating and awarding tenders
• Attention to detail, problem solving and administrative skills
• Advanced Communication, Analytical, Administrative, Contract Management, Coordination, Follow-up, Incident Management, Project Management, Reporting and Systems Management
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The candidate will be required to undergo the medical examination of fitness as per requirements
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CVs to The Human Resources Office via email on [email protected] Applications should bear the reference: i95/259/GMS on the subject line.
CLOSING DATE: 12 March 2021.
DISCLAIMER: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.