For more information about the impact area and cluster, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/technology-special-operations and https://www.csir.co.za/defence-and-security respectively.
- Clean mechanical workshop, machines and equipment;
- Perform general workshop tasks and assist technicians, under supervision, with technical work in the workshop as required, e.g. cutting materials, painting frames, holding and moving parts, assembling parts, etc.;
- Take responsibility for the mechanical tool store as well as the material store;
- Take responsibility for the goods receiving function of the team, including receiving and capturing orders, colleting orders, confirming orders against available purchase orders, issuing orders to recipients, recording and filing invoices, etc.;
- Clean mechanical tool store and material store;
- Clean the restrooms in the secure building, site and office areas;
- Log calls for general maintenance in the secure building;
- Control the issuing and maintenance of program assets stored;
- Assist with annual stock take of program assets;
- Take responsibility for assigned Occupational Health and Safety matters e.g. logging of lifting equipment schedules for inspections and maintenance, general inspections and registering, and handling of material safety data sheets on all chemicals in the area;
- Assist administrative officer with vehicle control – and registry duties when required.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A senior certificate (Grade 12) with at least two years’ experience in a similar role including experience in cleaning computer numerical control (CNC) and manual machines;
- Working knowledge of operational and handing of tools, e.g. grinder, cutters, reamers, drills, band saw and other workshop equipment;
- Working knowledge of milling machines and lathes;
- A valid security clearance fit for the environment;
- Computer literate;
- Valid driver’s licence.
South African citizenship is required, must have or be able to obtain a valid security clearance, and must not hold dual citizenship.
Closing date: 27 March 2020
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at [email protected]
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.