Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Programme Specialist Governance, the NUNV Gender, Youth & Conflict Prevention Officer will undertake the following tasks:
- In consultation with the Programme Specialists of the three portfolios coordinate the implementation activities and initiatives in relation to empowerment of women, youth, people living with disability and people living with HIV/AIDS
- Serve as focal point for CO initiatives on Leaving No One Behind and Secretary of the Gender and People Living with Disability Committee.
- Support the planning, coordination and implementation of the project Supporting Conflict Prevention, Party Democracy and Consensus Building in Lesotho with emphasis on women and youth participation.
- Provide technical support and assistance to UNDP programme, the national partners and other stakeholders to effect implementation of the planned activities.
- Ensure timely and effective coordination of all planned activities with other relevant departments of UNDP, relevant UN Agencies, donors, Government and concerned international and national organizations.
- Ensure timely, effective and efficient programmatic, operational and administrative support to the issues related to vulnerable and marginalised groups, in accordance with relevant UNDP rules and procedures to ensure smooth implementation of the project.
- Facilitate cross pillar joined and coordinated action to support empowerment and equality of vulnerable and marginalized groups.
- Support capacity building measures of target groups, including support relevant national oversight institutions to provide relevant support.
- Assess the impact and effectiveness of the assistance through regular consultations with national stakeholders, regular field visits, analysis and preparation of quarterly, annual and donor required reports.
- Support organization of rapid perception surveys to gain feedback on support provided.
- Support knowledge sharing and capacity building for mainstreaming of gender into developmental programmes;
- Support recruitment processes including screening for technical competence on gender and ensure the CO achieves it gender parity targets.
- Writes monthly/bi-monthly reports on activities responsible for.
- Perform any additional tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
Qualifications/RequirementsRequired degree level: Master degree or equivalentEducation – Additional Comments:
- University degree in Gender and Development Studies, Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding, Public Administration, Public Policy, Political Science, or the equivalent:
Required experience: 36 MonthsExperience remark:
- Experience in planning, design and implementation of projects, particularly in the areas of gender and youth.
- Demonstrable expertise in engaging with national counterparts and CSOs is an added advantage.
- Experience in the area of Governance is desirable.
- Experience working with UNDP, other UN entities, donor organizations or development organizations is an asset.
- Must have a high level of computer literacy (competent in MS Office) and good technical report writing skills; Knowledge of statistical tools is an asset.
- Sound security awareness.
- Have affinity with or interest in capacity development and poverty alleviation, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Sesotho(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Development programme/project administrationDriving license: NoCompetencies values:
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 09 June 2021