Columba Leadership (Columba.org.za) is an NGO that activates youth potential through our values-based leadership programme and network.
Funding & Reporting Coordinator
Central Office – Illovo, Johannesburg
12-Months Fixed Term Contract
Manage and co-ordinate funder agreements, requirements and reporting with internal stakeholders and as key contact ensure values based, engaged and ongoing communication with funders with a focus on retention (70%) and growth of existing and new (30%).
Suitable tertiary qualification in communications or similar
Demonstrated funder development, management and reporting experience in the development sector with education or youth sector preferable
Strong communication and people skills with the ability to communicate at various levels
Excellent writing and reporting skills with demonstrated report writing experience
Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
Strong administrative and co-ordination skills
Good computer and Office 365 skills
Demonstrates values-based leadership
Candidates must be in possession of a valid Driver’s License
Key Performance Areas
1. As the funder key contact, communicate and co-ordinate to ensure that funding agreements are in place, requirements clearly articulated and tracked and renewals are actively pursued.
2. Co-ordinate and support funder reporting working with internal team, with a focus on ensuring high quality reports that demonstrate impact.
3. Work with Communications Officer and funders to ensure that funder partnerships and impacts are profiled, at least quarterly.
4. Plan and co-ordinate donor participation in programme activities (academies/school visits/online events) with the programme team aiming to have donor engagements at least once a year.
5. Plan and co-ordinate partner events with team and work with Communications Officer to ensure these activities are shared and amplified.
6. Identify opportunities within existing funding network and work with Fund Developer to identify new opportunities and support the development of proposals to support this.
Interested parties should consider their current strength in view of the requirements of this position and their willingness to commit to the above. If interested CV applications, together with a letter of motivation, should be submitted to [email protected]
Note that an application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Should you not be contracted within one month of the closing date, please consider the position filled.
Protection of Personal Information – Employment candidates
Columba Leadership is a Responsible Party in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
Columba Leadership will take all prescribed and reasonable precautions to ensure that your information is safeguarded.
By submitting your Curriculum Vitae and a Letter of Motivation in respect of this vacancy you understand and agree that:
Columba Leadership needs to collect, keep and use your personal information in order to evaluate your application for purposes of potential employment opportunities.
Columba Leadership will only use the information to carry out the necessary recruitment related activities.
You therefore give your consent to Columba Leadership to process your information knowing all of the above, being aware that you can:
Withdraw this consent at any time
Have a right to request access to your data at any time, in the prescribed form
Have a right to request that your data is corrected or updated, in the prescribed form
Have the right to complain to the information regulator
The necessary information to assist you in exercising these rights is in Columba Leadership’s PAIA Manual, which is available on the Columba Leadership website