The deadline for submitting applications is 17 July 2020.
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Lesotho?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Head of Delegation Section of the EU Delegation to Lesotho, starting in September 2020, subject to respect to the local legislation as well as the national legislation of the candidate(s) if non-resident.
- Information gathering on political, social, and socio-economic developments and assisting in the analysis of political and socio-political dynamics of the Kingdom of Lesotho;
- Assisting in the preparation of reports on such developments and dynamics;
- Assisting in the preparations for, and reporting of meetings with economic actors and the business community of Lesotho, in the context of initiatives taken by the Delegation to promote job creation, economic growth, and a better use of the opportunities offered by the Economic Partnership Agreement between the EU and SADC;
- Assist in the organisation of public events of the Delegation of the European Union to the Kingdom of Lesotho.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Minimum: a bachelor’s degree in political science, economics or law;
- Fluent in English and Sesotho language.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
[email protected](link sends e-mail)
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – HoD section
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Due to the high volume of applications, if you have not received any response within three weeks of the deadine, please consider your application unsuccessful. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.