TERMS OF REFERENCE
REGENERATION OPPORTUNITIES FUND DESIGN SPECIALIST
The Regeneration of Landscapes and Livelihoods project (ROLL) aims to support the GoL’s ongoing programme to rehabilitate landscapes and to improve the livelihoods of the rural poor. The theory of change which informs the design of ROLL is that negative human interaction with the natural environment is the primary cause of the extensive landscape degradation in Lesotho and it is only by changing the dynamic of this interaction that the process will progressively be reversed. One of the main deliverables of ROLL is the establishment of the Regeneration Opportunities Fund (ROF) whose main objective is to catalyze investments into the regeneration of landscapes. The Fund will be set up as an efficient and focused mechanism that can continue to function beyond the lifetime of the project.
SCOPE OF WORK
ROLL is therefore seeking a dynamic fund development professional to actively advise and guide the establishment of the ROF. The role of the fund development specialist is to be process oriented, ensuring that all the key milestones required to set up the ROF are attained and met in a timely and efficient manner.
- The ROF development specialist will report to the Project Coordinator of ROLL and serve as the lead focal point in the design of the ROF. Key milestones include:
- Detailed fund design
- Investment/operations manual formulation
- ROF establishment and set-up
- The ROF fund development specialist will work closely with the designated service provider/partner tasked with developing the ROF and actively support and contribute to the work plan which informs the set-up of the fund.
- The specialist will actively work with the ROLL project management unit and ensure all technical inputs are clearly articulated and integrated within the theory of change for the ROF.
- The specialist will support the development of validation workshops, identifying key stakeholders to be consulted during the conceptualization of the fund design.
- He/she will input substantially into the options report and associated documentation for each of the fund’s components and contribute to strategic discussions and orientation of the fund.
- Take a leading role in reviewing each key step of the fund design up until the development of the operations/investment manual.
- Support targeted dialogue with key stakeholders both in-country and regionally.
- Working under the guidance of the project coordinator support the designated service provider/partner in delivering against key milestones and objectives.
- Coordinate interactions between the service provider/partner and the ROLL PMU and other stakeholders to ensure a smooth implementation of the fund design.
- Enhance the development of the fund by advancing further concept development to achieve the Fund’s intended impact objectives.
- Lead the legal registration of the ROF ensuring that key institutional arrangements are reflected and all vital stakeholders are engaged and consulted
- He/she will closely monitor the workplan to design the ROF and where necessary update it based on evolving conditions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A university degree in business administration, finance, international development, economics, or cooperate law.
- Five (5) years professional experience in the same or similar fields, experience working at a financial institution, or an organization focused on sustainable fundraising activities.
- An experience in establishment of similar purpose-built funds is an added advantage.
- Excellent project management, self-management, and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage projects for results.
- Strategic acumen, coupled with strong operational hands-on skills is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of finance, especially development finance is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, coupled with fluency in Sesotho
- A “can do” attitude and strong sense of proactivity, with excellent interpersonal skills
- A team player willing to go the “extra mile” in the pursuit of above average results
- A professional who can focus on details but can also see the “big picture” and articulate key strategic objectives.
- Willingness to travel and organize stakeholder engagements.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The duration of the assignment will be on a fixed-term of 18 months
For a detailed set of terms of reference please visit the Ministry of Forestry Range and soil Conservation website (http://www.forestry.gov.ls).
All Interested candidates must hand deliver applications, CVs including certified copies of certificates and transcripts to Ministry of Forestry Range and Soil Conservation Offices addressed to Director Human Resources, MFRSC, P.O Box 92, Industrial Area, Maseru or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, 02nd June 2023 at 16:30 noon. Please visit Human Resources Office for further enquiries.