Field Engineer marketplace is designed to help all kinds of IT, Network Engineers/Technicians find short term jobs in your preferred locations. We have the below short term Network Technician jobs available on our marketplace and also many new jobs keep adding daily. If you are interested to work then please click the apply button and Register as Engineer on FieldEngineer.com and apply on the job. Our customers assign the jobs on a first come first serve basis.
Duration: 2-4 hours
Network Field Technician will be responsible for contributing to the installation, support, and troubleshooting of property network infrastructure in an assigned region. Assignments will entail a diverse mix of troubleshooting scenarios and technologies. This position requires moderate technical skills with a high level of proficiency to analyze, research, and implement repairs across data or video networks.
- 3+ years of Networking IT Field Technician experience.
- Low-Voltage Data Cabling experience
- Minimum 1+ years of data networking experience in field service
- Datacenter or related IT technician environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated working experience on LAN (Ethernet, TCP/IP) and WAN (TCP/IP) design, remote access, VPN configuration, wireless networking, VoIP environment, Routing protocols.
- Working experience on digital communications circuits, data communications routers, internet technologies, network monitoring, and commonly used management platforms.
- Knowledge of racks, labeling, commercial UPS, switches, routers, terminal servers.
- Reads and interprets customer service orders, repair tickets, technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps, blueprints, diagrams, etc.) from supervisor or other designated employees and performs specified work.
- Uses hand tools, power tools (air and electric), and specialty tools, including electric and electronic measuring devices (e.g., multi-meters, volt-ohm meters).
- Physical installation, configuration, and testing network assets (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, network tools & testing devices) in network closets and data center network cabinets.
- Perform network closet clean-up, switch port optimization, and survey work as needed.
- Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for network performance issues.
- Perform day-to-day field installation, configuration, service, preventive maintenance and decommission of advanced services such as Wireless, Video & Audio-Visual (AV), Physical Security – CCTV (Closed Circuit TV) and Access Control.
- Ability to perceive differences in telecom wire and cable color.Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift trucks) exceeding 12-18 feet.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces, utility holes).
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: lifting objects weighing over 50-75 pounds.
- Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement weather).
Our marketplace gives you full control over how you want to work by choosing the jobs you want to work, which are at your convenience and pays what you want.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- Network Technician: 1 year (Preferred)