Forestry – Research Centre Tweedie
Forests Research Intern ( 83 )
Sappi Forests KZN requires a Research Intern to provide the incumbent with the necessary skills and training and to develop the specific competencies required in executing research and production-related activities at our Shaw Research Centre.
This role reports in to the Principal Research Officer.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assist with tissue culture laboratory activities such as media preparation and sub-culturing
- Assist with Research trial activities such planting and measurement
- Assist with data capture and analysis of trial data
- Safety awareness and implementation of policy
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 / Matric qualification and
- Relevant Forestry, Horticulture or Botany Diploma/Degree or related qualification
- No experience required
- Computer skills Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Driver’s license would be beneficial
Closing Date: 23 October 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.