Forestry Manguzi- Zululand
Forester – Khulisa – Zululand Central ( HRL 13 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Sappi Southern Africa- Forests is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to support and develop emerging farmers and communities to create sustainable forestry enterprises and supply fibre to Sappi markets
REPORTING TO : Management Forester / Forestry Manager
- Coordinate and compile the Annual Harvesting Plan
- Lobby Municipality to fix roads
- Develop a phased harvesting delivery plan for the relevant district
- Monitor and reconcile with Sales Plan, the monthly sales volumes of each product per plantation to meet market demand
- Support the development of contractor capacity
- Advise contractors on harvesting methods, systems and timing of harvesting
- Advise on safety standards in accordance with the RMS / OSHAct
- Ensure that timber leaving depot and plantation for mills conforms to the required mill specifications
- Update grower detail to ensure correct payment
- Activate grower/contractor accounts on TCS
- Facilitate rate negotiation between contractors and growers
- Secure spot timber
- To ensure that outstanding loans are recovered
- Ensure that Growers reestablish their crops in the most effective manner
- Develop a reestablishment APO and nursery seedling order
- Support the development of contractor/grower capacity for reestablishment
- Conduct field visits in order to monitor and identify risks so as to ensure quality & cost standards are complied with.
- Support the application of cost effective and sustainable practices to ensure an optimal yield from weeding, coppice reduction and pest control activities.
- Support the Implementation of fire control program & procedures to ensure the protection of people, projects and other assets from wild fires
- Conduct annual fire training & create awareness with communities & growers
- Ensure that relations with communities, contractors and other internal & external stakeholders are effectively maintained in order to ensure project/enterprise sustainability & that objectives are met.
- Comply with legislative and company policies & procedures
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Interpersonal skills.
- Planning, Organizing and Innovative
- Attention to detail.
- Risk Management and Fire fighting skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma in Forestry, Agriculture, Horticulture
- Up to one year relevant experience.
- Valid EB (08) drivers License
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.