Job title: Foreign Exchange Consultant D
Company: FirstRand Group
- Take pride in what we do and our contributions to our organisation.
- In our owner-manager culture, we take responsibility and accountability for our actions and we don’t run away from our problems, but tackle them head-on.
- Are empowered to innovate and come up with new ideas, as we value and nurture new ideas.
- Embrace the concept of Botho with our understanding of the communities in which we operate. We have unity of purpose where the whole is greater than the part; therefore, no individual or department can function at the expense of another.
- Respect the feelings, rights and abilities of our colleagues, clients and communities, even though they may be different from our own. We respect ourselves and our colleagues by not accepting or delivering average or poor performance. If the FNB values are congruent with your value set, and you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you.
To capture and process outward-bound Foreign exchange transactions in line with ACI operations guidelines and RMB’s standards, policies and procedures.
experience and qualifications
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a banking environment.
- Immense Knowledge of Transactional banking and its related products.
- Knowledge of Organisational software (Hogan, web Enquiries, Quartz, Bankers Almanac System)
- Good numerical ability in terms of balancing and calculating rates.
- Methodical, accurate and pays attention to detail.
- Should be enrolled and pass ACI operations’ certificate 12months within the role.
There are no additional requirements associated with this vacancy.
- Capture and process authorized Foreign exchange payment instructions as per ACI operations guidelines and deadlines and RMB standards, policies and procedures.
- Observe all risk and compliance requirements, i.e. AML, STR (Suspicious Transactions Reporting) and sanctions requirements.
- Proactively identify and resolve errors and irregularities.
- File all payment instructions in line with policies and procedures.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth transaction processing.
- Attend to queries raised by relevant stakeholders.
- Reconcile all captured Foreign exchange transactions for the previous day to verify that they have been accurately processed within deadlines.
- Compile monthly BOP (Balance of Payments) report for submission Recover non-interest revenue and charge–related recoverable revenue as per approved tariff guide for services provided (daily).
- Limit potential losses to the bank by ensuring all transactions are processed according to customer instructions.
- Display proactivity in querying outstanding items promptly to avoid income leakage to Central Bank.
- Comply with Foreign exchange processes, procedures and ACI operations guidelines.
- Strive for an acceptable audit rating.
- Be aware of settlement (payment or delivery) and liquidity risk in terms of the urgency to ensure settlements occur on time.
- Understand relevant regulations and their impact on own work tasks.
- Implement processes in place to address identified audit findings.
- Liaise with branches to manage and report exceptions (daily).
- Share knowledge with branch staff.
- Liaise with correspondent banks to manage and resolve exceptions. Calculate and settle interest earned and owed to correspondent banks on their deposits.
- Display flexibility in responding to and executing queries promptly.
- Liaise with Central Bank to resolve discrepancies.
- Continually drive and model RMB’s values.
- Provide support to Risk and produce relevant back offices reports to inform Market’s oversight role of FXPH risk monitoring.
Closing date: 16 January 2020