MILADYS is recruiting for a Footwear Technologist to join our quality team. The objective of the Quality Technologist is to provide quality assurance for the products we offer and to partner with the merchant team to provide quality, value driven merchandise.
The key areas of responsibilities include:
- Product development – partner with the buying team to engineer and develop footwear products that are in line with pricing, safety and fashion requirements. Style risk assessment to be carried out on all major categories to ensure that first sample is in line with expectations
- Sizing – maintenance of mould library and agreed grade rules to ensure consistency of fit
- Sample appraisal process – oversee development from initial samples through to bulk production. Approval of all fit and pre-production samples and clear communication of fit comments to suppliers to minimise number of sample submissions. Assist resource/buying team in management of critical path process.
- Monitoring – weekly feedback on outstanding fit and pre-production samples to resource team
- Data capture – timeous capturing of fit and pre- production sample approval status to enable monitoring and management of critical path process.
- Bulk inspection – review of third party inspection reports and decision to approve or reject. Timeous capturing of bulk inspection approval status and product tariffing code to enable on time delivery into DC and efficient distribution of merchandise.
- Communication – meet with key suppliers on a regular basis to discuss QA requirements and address any challenges that they may be facing. Feedback to merchandise, sourcing and ethical trade team where necessary. Ongoing problem solving
- Performance tests –Review and filing of test reports for easy reference. Feedback to manager and suppliers on test results
- Product compliance – communication with resource, suppliers and merchant team on non- compliance issues.
- Factory visits – structured factory visits to address ongoing quality problems as well as establishing opportunities for productivity improvements
- Communication – constant communication with suppliers and their factories. Feedback to merchandise, sourcing and ethical trade team where necessary. Ongoing problem solving.
- Team work – Ensure that cluster workload is balanced and that sample approval SLA is met. Assist with queries and balancing workload where necessary
The minimum requirements for this career opportunity include:
- Grade 12 with a relevant tertiary education
- 5 – 7 years’ experience within a similar role
- You are proficient in the MS Office.
- To fit our environment we are also looking for the following skills and character traits – Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly organized, analytical skills, attention to detail, have the ability to work independently, possess high energy levels
A little about us: Check out our website – www.miladys.com
MILADYS vision is to be the top performing moderate fashion retailer for the 40+, fuller figured woman. MILADYS is inspired and motivated by living and breathing our brand DNA of Real, Progressive and Dependable.
The Mr Price Group is a high growth, Omni-channel, fashion- value retailer. The group has 6 trading divisions namely: mrp; mrphome; mrpsport; MILADYS; Sheet Street and mrpmoney. We employ over 16000 people and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
MILADYS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.