Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Fitter ( P11 )
Sappi Saiccor Services plant requires Fitters to provide mechanical services by identifying repair and replacement needs, installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading mechanical systems and equipment; and ensuring tools and materials are available and maintained to ensure overall plant availability and equipment effectiveness
This role reports to the Superintendent Maintenance
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Fit, assemble, grind and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies to maintain production machines and other equipment. Install, test, connect, commission and modify mechanical equipment.
- Perform plant maintenance and remedial work according to SAP notifications, work orders and planned schedules, including during shuts.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities, eg collect vibration data, take oil samples.
- Align pumps to motors and gearboxes.
- Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Complete fault finding on systems during breakdowns and repair the problem to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Participate in failure analysis.
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed checklist.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor.
- Scope and plan work orders as required.
- Draw spares from Stores using the picking list in SAP.
- Required to work standby and overtime and cover breakdowns as required.
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the mill.
- Uphold aspects of and perform required activities relating to the OHS Act
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisations policies, procedures and bestoperating practices.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Assist production personnel with isolation processes on request.
- Obtain a valid work permit and ensure compliance to the safe work conditions.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 and N2 Engineering while and N3 Engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter
- 2 years post-trade test experience in a heavy industry environment
- Maintenance experience within a utlities plant with boilers and turbines would be preferred
Closing Date: 31 July 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.