Job Title : Finance Officer
Reporting to : Accountant – Reporting
Department : Finance
Location : Maseru, Lesotho
An opportunity has arisen within Higherlife Foundation for suitably qualified persons. The incumbent will be responsible for producing accurate financial information in line with Higherlife Foundation guidelines. The position will be reporting to the Accountant – Reporting.
• Prepares monthly management accounts and submits to the Accountant Reporting for review.
• Prepares Quarterly reports for field visits and submits recommendations to the Accountant Reporting for review
• Prepares weekly Finance Reports for review by Accountant Reporting
• Prepares financial accounts up to Balance Sheet by:
o Maintaining ledgers, journals and accounting expenses
o Inputting and processing of financial data
o Performing bank, creditors, debtors and cash reconciliations
• Prepares monthly accounting schedules and submits to the Accountant Reporting for review.
• Prepares financial reports and schedules and submits to Accountant
• Provides auditors with information to conduct their tasks as per instruction
• Checks for accuracy and completeness of payments and necessary attachments
• Ensures all payments are done as per approved cash flow.
• Checks accuracy of reconciliation of programming expenses
• Prepares Withholding Tax returns and submits to the Accountant.
• Receives, maintains and issue stock in line with agreed reorder levels
• Attend to internal and external audit queries as per instruction
Qualifications and Competencies
• A degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
• 2 to 4 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
• Good analytical skills
• Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, multi skilled & able to interact at senior level.
• Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Valid Drivers’ licence is a must.
Please sent your applications to [email protected] clearly indicating the position “Finance Officer”
Closing date for all applications is 14 February 2020.
Please note only short listed applicants will be responded to.