Department : Finance
Job Title : Finance Manager
Grade : I
Responsible to : Director of Elections
Under the general supervision of Director of Elections, the incumbent is responsible for preparing annual budget estimates, managing revenue collection, monitoring expenditure, managing cash and preparing financial statements.
- Coordinate implementation of Financial laws, policies, guidelines, systems,procedures and standards.
- Monitor implementation of systems, procedures and standards.
- Coordinate preparation of annual budget estimates.
- Monitor revenue collection and expenditure against budget.
- Manage trust monies.
- Monitor collection and banking of non-tax revenue.
- Monitor reconciliation of revenue bank accounts.
- Facilitate provision of custody and control of accountable documents.
- Facilitate preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Supervise and manage staff.
Qualification and Experience
Chartered Accountant/MBA/any post graduate degree in related field Plus three (3) years working experience at the managerial level in the related field.
Bachelor of Commerce/Business Administration (Accounting)/General Accountant/any recognised degree in related field Plus four (4) years’ experience at the managerial level in the related field
Other Relevant Knowledge
- Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting
- Knowledge of Public Service Act and Regulations
- Knowledge of the IFMIS system
- Knowledge of ACCPAC system
- Knowledge of Procurement Regulations, Treasury Regulations and Public Financial Management and Accountability Act
- Computer literacy
Interested candidates must submit their applications accompanied by up-to-date Curriculum Vitae with three referees, copies of certified qualification certificates and transcripts, send via email to [email protected] under the subject line Finance Manager. Applications must be addressed to;
The Director of Elections
Independent Electoral Commission
P.O. Box 12698
Closing date: 21st January 2022
Applicants must be registered as voters with IEC.
Only Short listed candidates will be contacted.